More threads by Mmclean07

Mmclean07

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am managing GMB for a client who shares an office with another representative of the same company. Technically they are separate businesses, but they share the same address and even the same phone number.

The other representative, who I don't manage GMB for, is getting much better rank, despite having worse reviews, less information on their GMB, and the exact same website domain and optimizations.

I am wondering if it's possible that Google sees my client's profile as a duplicate of the other profile, since they share the same address and phone number, and therefore my client is not showing up for anything but direct searches.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be happening and what I can do to help?

Your client will likely get filtered and will always be competing with the other representative. I strongly recommend they get a different location. Sharing the same space with someone in the same industry is kind of like the kiss of death in local search.

More on this topic:

Your client will likely get filtered and will always be competing with the other representative. I strongly recommend they get a different location. Sharing the same space with someone in the same industry is kind of like the kiss of death in local search.

More on this topic:
Thanks so much @JoyHawkins! Do you think it is enough for my client to change his phone number and add a suite number to his office?

No, that doesn't help avoid the filter. It's based on the keyword you're targeting (which is the same as the other business) and the location of the map pin.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom