ElaineSi

Reaction score
I am trying to reclaim a YouTube Channel. The company has been around a long time and gone through several web designers, employees etc. managing GA, GMB, Search Console & YouTube. The only part I have gotten control over is Search Console. I know the last web designer and she has control over the GA account & given me lower level access to GA. But I need to get at the YouTube Channel. Any advice on how to reclaim?

Creativedge

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with a client last year. They had a problem with someone holding almost all of their Google accounts hostage. I was forced to try pretty much every support option available. YouTube support and forums were little help, telling me that nothing could be done.

What ended up working for me was getting in touch with Google AdWords support. For YouTube, they provided me with code to add to the client's website in order to prove I represented the business and a form to fill out requesting transfer of the account.

ElaineSi

Reaction score
Thanks for the great direction Creativedge! Now I will try contacting Google through Adwords and report back. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Susan How to RECLAIM an Orphaned GMB Listing - Step by Step Guide to Google+ Support Google My Business & Google Maps 4
R Reclaiming a Google + local site Local Search 4
eestrada234 Reclaim ownership of Localeze listing Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Dual Owner Reclaiming Lockout on Google+ Local Begins Google My Business & Google Maps 16
rutkap Youtube video laying out the biggest problem in locksmith services Spam on Google 2
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
djbaxter Subscribe to the LocalU YouTube Channel LocalU Technical Information and Help 0
profjoeyg Google/YouTube Properties management Consultant's Corner 4
KymM GMB and Youtube Accounts Suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 1
HangTenSEO Google+ GMB Youtube Issue Managing Accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 1
V Automatic promotion service in social networks: YouTube, facebook, Instagram etc Recycle Bin 0
S Tips Wanted To Improve My YouTube Subs Local Search 0
Nathan Schoell Does linking YouTube channel with GMB listing benefit SEO? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S YouTube & Local Search Local Search 2
JustinB Any Luck Changing Youtube Extensions? Local Search 3
Priya Chandra A new tool that allows people to find YouTube videos by location Marketing 2
djbaxter Getting Started with YouTube Marketing Marketing 0
djbaxter Homer Simpson Promotes YouTube Advertising Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
travelincat New Youtube channel created a GMB page, now I need to claim it. Google My Business & Google Maps 3
V Google Description Hijacked - youtube video. Marketing 6
H Adding a youtube channel to a multi-location business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
F Hijacking our YouTube Titles & Company Name! Marketing 4
MichaelW Google+ & Youtube Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet New Google Tool: Move YouTube Channel to Different Google+ Page Marketing 2
F Google+ Link in Pack goes to YouTube tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
dani Google Local and Youtube under different accounts Help & Support for Google Local 2
Dustybones How to Connect your Youtube Channel to your Google+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Dustybones 5 YouTube SEO Tactics Local Search 2
Jo Shaer Finally upgraded to Google+ Social Page - but what about this YouTube G+ page? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Dustybones G+ / Youtube Channel Support Links Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Scott Hearne Article submission versus youtube blog versus something else. Local Search 2
Phil Rozek New YouTube tab on Google+ Local page Marketing 25
R G+ Posts and YouTube Comments Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Bishop Tips for ranking a youtube video for local search? Organic SEO 3
Dustybones "Google + Page" Link in Serps Defaulting to YouTube Tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet 10 Tips for Killing it in Local SEO with YouTube Marketing 1
Nick.SEOSpark Improving Ranking using Youtube Local Search 0
CodyBaird 63% Confirm Local Search Delivers Better ROI Than Other Online Channels Local Search 3
Chris Ratchford LocalEze- Channel Partner Program- Yay or Nay Local Search 20