More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Jade just let us know about a great new option that will make many consultants happy!

Introducing instant verification

Good news -- starting today, if you’re verifying a page for your business, you may be instantly verified on Google My Business if you’ve already verified your business’s website with Google Webmaster Tools. The verification will happen automatically, if applicable, when you attempt to verify a page for your business.

If you’d like to try instant verification, please make sure you’re signed in to Google My Business with the same account you used to verify your site with Webmaster Tools

Not all businesses with websites verified using Google Webmaster Tools will have instant verification, since not all business categories are eligible. If that’s the case, please use one of our other methods of verification (https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778).

Here is the link to the help center docs

I just found out and have not even read in detail.

Let me know if you have questions, or I'll let you know once I know more.

But one thing is for sure - with new clients, if no GMB listing, be sure to set up in the same account their Webmaster Tools are in.

What do you think???
<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="http://marketing-blog.catalystemarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/hungergamesyay.gif">

I imagine some of the industries that won't qualify are some that were mentioned here.

<a href="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/google-local/20898-google-local-plagued-spam-rings-following-industries.html">Google Local Plagued By Spam Rings in The Following Industries</a>

I just tried verifying a locksmith listing through GWT and it worked. crazy!

---------- Post Merged at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:33 PM ----------

I just tried verifying a locksmith listing through GWT and it worked. crazy!

just kidding. trying to see how many folks hearts would skip a beat heh heh

This sounds helpful:

What You Can Do
There are several things you can do that really appear to help a local website rank better in the Google search results. Here are a few that you probably have not heard about before:

- Add images of the location (photos). Make sure that the longitude and latitude of the location appears in EXIF data.
- Make sure there are branded signs in the images and photos uploaded to Google Local.
- The NAP (Name, Address, Phone) data should appear on the door of the business.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom