More threads by Chris_Andrews

Chris_Andrews

Reaction score
So I'm going through the GBP help forum and seeing all of these businesses having a miserable time with verification.

I figured I'd experience the same issues as everyone else in setting up my GBP.

But no - my GBP was instantly verified. No photos, no cards in the mail, no video, no business license requirement. Apparently because of my website in my search console.

My outdated, minimalist, website that has no indication on it of my address or location or nothing. Just a very brief explanation of what I do.

I have had the site in the search console for 20+ years.

I also applied through my regular Google account where I've used AdSense, AdWords (yeh, long time ago), and have been a Product Expert for 10+ years.

Which makes me wonder... what's behind the instant website verification?

Is it just how long a site has been in it and that it includes my business name? I don't get a lot of traffic, so that doesn't seem to be a factor. If it's just a time factor, I wonder how long?

Or is it that my Google account is 'trusted' due to being a PE and using various Google services over the years?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Chris

Never heard about this and its quite interesting. Was the verification the first one you ever tried on your computer with your real IP?

Having a GBP that is associated with a verified search console website is a well-known way to make verification easier. This is noted in both the guides by Whitespark ("For some select businesses there is the option to verify instantly via Search Console.") and Brightlocal ("In some cases, Google will allow instant verification. This may happen if your business is already verified in Google Search Console. ")

I read those articles, basically they say it's possible but no other details.

I'm wondering what the factors are? Just that the site is verified and the verified owner of the site is the one setting up the GBP? The name of the site? How long it's been in search console.

It would be great if we could predict when verification through search console would happen, or could set the right scenario for it to happen before applying for a GBP.

It was a seamless and smooth way to get verified.

I concur. I'm equally curious now because I work for an agency and have clients across the USA. I just had a GBP get instantly verified last week. It's a wild adrenaline rush when it happens.

This is a really interesting topic and I wonder what Google means with "if you verify your matching website." In our case, due to IT security, URLs don't match email domains, don't match exactly the Google Business Profile names, so I'm not sure if I'm overthinking that, or what they could mean. Any insight would be helpful, though. I'm really looking for a method of managing 100+ listings in some manner that works better for creating new listings and editing existing listings. If anyone has any clues, please share. Thank you. Gabor

URLs don't match email domains

In my case when I set my profile up, it was under my gmail email, so they didn't relate my email address to the domain, if that makes sense. My domain is set up in search console under the same Google account,

Chris

Hello Chris,

After your GBP "bypassed" the verification due to your domain in Google Search Console, was your GBP finally verified after the "Pending" status?

@Chris_Andrews I also noticed that there are no rules and consequences here. Sometimes the domain after verification in GSC and provided in the company profile results in the profile not being verified. Sometimes it's a new domain. In other cases, these are milder forms of verification, such as text messages. However, sometimes I feel like it doesn't do anything. However, maybe the rank and level of trust in the Google account matter.

I wonder what others' experiences are with this verification method.

Have you researched this topic further?

Hi, I hope this is not offtopic.

I've always assumed that the "green tick mark" in front of the Group Location selector in the Agency Accounts means that the account is verified.

For those clients that have the "green tick mark", I'm almost 100% sure that verification is instant.

Is this correct? and if not, does anyone know what the "green tick mark" represents?

Screenshot_2024-04-23_at_09_15_30.jpg

I've always assumed that the "green tick mark" in front of the Group Location selector in the Agency Accounts means that the account is verified.

For those clients that have the "green tick mark", I'm almost 100% sure that verification is instant.

Is this correct? and if not, does anyone know what the "green tick mark" represents?

This may sound weird, but can you edit the names of these groups? Isn't the tag added there as part of the name?

I've never seen an organization's account have such tags automatically assigned to location groups.

Hi @Marcin Karwowski No, they are not part of the name of the Group Location. We can edit the name of the Group Location and the green tick mark is not part of it. There are only 4 clients of ours, or better said group locations, that have that green tick mark in front of the Group Location name. I'm pretty sure that we get instant verification when creating a new GBP profile for these 4 clients. I should be able to test this soon. Would be great to confirm what the green tick mark represents...

Hi @Marcin Karwowski No, they are not part of the name of the Group Location. We can edit the name of the Group Location and the green tick mark is not part of it. There are only 4 clients of ours, or better said group locations, that have that green tick mark in front of the Group Location name. I'm pretty sure that we get instant verification when creating a new GBP profile for these 4 clients. I should be able to test this soon. Would be great to confirm what the green tick mark represents...

It's very interesting. Perhaps someone else has encountered this.
@JoyHawkins @Colan Nielsen @krystaltaing
?

Those checkmarks mean those location groups are bulk verified. Bulk verification makes it so if you add any listings to those location groups, they do bypass verification. Big companies do this to avoid having to verify all their new locations. It's hard to get the status and easy to lose.

As far as instant verification, I have no idea what triggers it. I have staff all the time that trigger it but i'm not willing to test or mess around with our account to see what exactly is needed. I will say that some listings that were instantly verified get pushed to be verified again manually if you change something on the listing.

If you want to know the triggers, I bet the blackhats know lol

Instant Verification has been around for donkeys years (ovs not bulk verified) - what are the exact signals (not sure)

Verified Google Local Business Page in Minutes - Online Ownership

( 2014 article if you cant be assed clicking )

My go to for a setting up a GBP is:

- Set up Analytics and GSC (if not already)
- Local citations (if not already)
- Brand new businesses get an advertorial run in local press
- Then set up GBP on same account as GA and GSC

About a 60% success rate triggering instant verification.

Works for me.

A lot of good feedback here. For me I have noticed the following:

Search console plays a role in instant verification.

Brand recognition or business name across the web plays a role. Brand new businesses with no citations and brand awareness will almost always have to get verified.

Product Expert accounts I do not believe play a role in instant verification.

Users emails with the domain associated to it does help. It may not trigger instant verification but gives you a higher likelihood of verifying by email which is way nicer then video.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom