More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this before? On mobile if you search "moving companies tucson" and scroll down below the 3-pack there is this new section called "Interesting Finds". Most people I had search this can replicate it (not all). I'm curious how Google chooses what articles show up in this section.

1551289672365.png
1551289686296.png

I assume you have to be searching from the US or maybe even from Tucson to see this?

I was in California when I searched on my phone.

Barry pointed out it's been around since 2018 but I've never seen it before for a local query and am really interested to see if anyone knows how you get your article included.

I asked because I don't see it searching from Canada using google.com. Do you?

I'll let you know when I get back home (I'm at LSA). I had a bunch of people check in California and not all of them see it. It appears to still be in testing mode.

I wonder if Google looks at FAQ's for the industry and location and populates them that way.

I see it searching from Tennessee below the first 4 organic slots.

I search "moving companies nashville" and it did not show up for me.

I'd love to see this more in the wild. Any other queries that people see it for?

P.S. Moving buddies is crushing it in the "Interesting Finds".

I'll let you know when I get back home (I'm at LSA). I had a bunch of people check in California and not all of them see it. It appears to still be in testing mode.
Hi @JoyHawkins, my apologies in replying to this relatively older thread but it was the only one I could find on the forum regarding "interesting finds". This feature seems to be permanent on Google's mobile search results and was wondering if you've discovered any additional info on how to optimize for this property? SEJ had this recent article and the author Glenn Gabe provides the most in-depth information I've been able to find.

Basically, he points out several "interesting" and frustrating aspects of this module. I'm experiencing this first hand with one of my clients. It is not trackable in GSC and unlike other similar Google page one modules, a business/website can have a high ranking traditional organic SERP, but also show up twice in the three pack of "interesting finds", in other words three page one listings. So, there is no de-duping which is great if you're lucky enough to occupy a place in this module. Unfortunately, he does not have any proven methods or best practices on why a listing is shown in this area.

Was hoping you or someone else on the forum has more insight on proven methods to get displayed in this module. Thanks!

Hey Jeff,

This isn't a feature that I've dug into too much. I'll ask around to see if anyone else has.

Hey Jeff,

This isn't a feature that I've dug into too much. I'll ask around to see if anyone else has.
Hey Joy, thank you so much! If you have time, I happened to encounter this absolutely fantastic blog post by Danielle Rowe over at upbuild.

It is full of great insight and research on this topic, which has been discussed so little. Her study is centered on eCommerce, but nonetheless still very applicable to other industries. She likewise mentions the SEJ article linked in my earlier reply to this thread.

With all these new Google "panels/modules" showing up on page one, Google continues to degrade the prominence and value of the ten traditional "blue link results". The random placement of these panels amongst the traditional SERP results has the potential of having serious reductions in engagement for the traditional ten organic results which Danielle touches on in her blog post.

Looking forward to any additional feedback you can provide. In the meantime, I've found a few commonalities that the "interesting finds" listings share. I'm going to try to implement these with one of my clients to see if we can get a page or post link included in this module/panel. Thanks again!

Thanks for sharing Jeff! Definitely let us know if it works :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom