Greg

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently completed a new listing for a client and just received the Google postcard with the verification pin.

So, signed in with the Gmail account that I had created to start the process. Entered the web address www.google.com/local/verify into a new browser tab and entered the pin. However, a message comes up saying that the email address I used is NOT associated with the G+Business listing.

Now for the G+Business listing, I used the actual address that prospective clients can use to contact the business owner i.e. info@businessname.co.za (example) which is based on the business URL.

How do I get around this?

Surely Google should realise that you will use the best email address (which is based on your website URL) for the listing...

Any ideas on fastest way to resolve this.
Regards

Greg

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
You always need to verify with the email that the account is attached to.

Greg

Reaction score
You always need to verify with the email that the account is attached to.

Thanks Linda,

This may sound stupid but let me ask anyway....

Unless I am missing something incredibly obvious here, that is what I'm trying to do.

This is what Google says:

[h=1]Account for entering your PIN[/h]You must be signed in with the same account you used to request your PIN postcard when you are entering your PIN online. If you have multiple Google accounts, you canswitch to the proper account and then try inputting your PIN again.

- Opened the process with a GMail account.
- Opened G+ account linked to Gmail account
- Opened G+Business in same way (but in the business information I used the info@business.co.za email address)

But now Google is saying this during Verification process:
You have no businesses pending verification for fernglencottage@gmail.com.

Did you use a different email address when you requested your PIN?
Learn more

Any advice please????

Regards
Greg

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Greg sorry I misunderstood when you said you entered a different email.

Here are the step by step instructions - but sounds like that's what you are doing.
https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2609871?hl=en&ref_topic=2661706

I just found a G+ verification troubleshooter and it says you have to be logged into the right account and if you think you are and still can't get in:

Try requesting another PIN:

Make sure you?re signed in to Google+ account.
Go to http://plus.google.com/pages/manage and select the page you?d like to verify.
Hover over Unverified next to your business name, and then choose Request another PIN.

So sorry, I don't deal with G+ issues much. I searched and searched though and that's all I could come up with.

Greg

Reaction score
Greg sorry I misunderstood when you said you entered a different email.

Here are the step by step instructions - but sounds like that's what you are doing.
https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2609871?hl=en&ref_topic=2661706

I just found a G+ verification troubleshooter and it says you have to be logged into the right account and if you think you are and still can't get in:

Try requesting another PIN:

Make sure you?re signed in to Google+ account.
Go to http://plus.google.com/pages/manage and select the page you?d like to verify.
Hover over Unverified next to your business name, and then choose Request another PIN.

So sorry, I don't deal with G+ issues much. I searched and searched though and that's all I could come up with.

Thanks Linda,

Still waiting for the new pin to arrive...

Been wondering about this...Do you think it is possible to start again by re-registering the G+B account by associating it with a new email for the business?

Regards

Greg

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Interesting graphic on reach of social networks Mobile & Social 1
Zdenek Horak Interesting review: the owner sends an email and offers money Local Reviews 5
Blake Denman Interesting featured snippet above map pack Local Search 3
JoshuaMackens Interesting Client Drop - Google Maps Local Search 7
L Interesting Suspension Issue Local Search 3
H Plumber Near Me - Google trends interesting Local Search 1
rutkap Got an interesting "Wal-Mart" scenario Help & Support for Google Local 3
axeonlineblog Hi I'm Axe Colver, Interested in SEO Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 5
Rich Owings Interesting BBB stats Ranking Puzzles 5
Rich Owings Conflicts of interest for agency focusing on projects (and not on monthly clients) Consultant's Corner 5
freerunr Interesting Things in Local Finder: Question Mark and "Write a Review" Google News: Important Changes & Features 2
JoyHawkins "Interesting Finds" on Mobile Searches Google News: Important Changes & Features 6
Tim Colling "Correcting" categories - interesting corner case NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 7
J Interesting, Sneak Way of Trying to Game Multi Location Google My Business Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 6
T Interesting study of Google clustering results in Local Packs Local Search 1
mborgelt Interesting Google Local Study Based on Over 100,000 URLs Google My Business & Google Maps 2
pbarnhart "Explore" feature in new Google maps makes some interesting recommendations Google My Business & Google Maps 1
MarketingGiant New Local Tour / Points of Interest SERP Local Search 1
J Incorrect City for Google Points of Interest Carousel Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Dustybones 7 Hyperlocal Strategies You Can Take To Keep Readers Interested Local Search 2
Margaret Ornsby Here's an interesting view of the algo... Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet 4 New Pigeon Posts with Some Very Interesting Takeaways Google My Business & Google Maps 0
L Creating Sticky Interesting Content for Boring SMBs Local Content 0
Linda Buquet Creating Sticky Interesting Content for Boring SMBs Local Content 0
A Sex crime lawyer tampa - Interesting results Ranking Puzzles 4
Andrew Polanski Sex crime lawyer tampa - Interesting results Ranking Puzzles 4
JoshuaMackens Interesting Case Study - See If You Can Figure It Out Help & Support for Google Local 8
Chris McCreery Conflict of Interest Consultant's Corner 13
Phil Rozek Interesting paid Q&A site - Tuteable.com Consultant's Corner 0
M Interesting...Typing In Dentist + City in Local Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet Interesting Google+ Local Penalty? Dropped out of Pack, but Still High in Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Interesting Double Page 1 Google Local Ranking Local Search 3
Linda Buquet Research Shows Under-cover Google Employees are "Top Reviewers" - Interesting Local Reviews 0
H Interesting Search Results Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Z Interesting SERP Google My Business & Google Maps 6
T Google No Longer Deletes Duplicates...Hmmmmm...That's Interesting Google Duplicates & Merges 7
Travis Van Slooten Google No Longer Deletes Duplicates...Hmmmmm...That's Interesting Google Duplicates & Merges 7
C Google Reviews Posting / Not Posting - Interesting Find Help & Support for Google Local 11
m_j_gregory Interesting Shot - Places Dashboard Local Search 14
Matt Chauhan Serious Problem With A Dentist's Local Rankings. NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
AdvoAd Problem with verification Google My Business & Google Maps 2
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
rutkap Youtube video laying out the biggest problem in locksmith services Spam on Google 2
EmilyW Problems with immediate suspension: confused as the UPS in the same shopping center? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
M Anyone else having problems with LocalFalcon autoscans being incomplete? Local SEO Tools & Software 0
onebox220722 Buk Verification Problem ( Organization Account) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
F Weird Maps Problem - Disappearing But Still there! Local Search 1
Tim Colling Still problems with GMB Q&A entries not appearing? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Lachlan_Wells Problems with Local Falcon detecting rankings Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M Problems listing with some Citations Citations 38