More threads by 4TL1NEP

4TL1NEP

Reaction score
Hi!

I created a GMB page for my business about three months ago, and its going decently but reviews are hard to come by in my line of work (most of our clients are seniors with limited tech knowledge and usually no google account to leave a review with). We are currently sitting with a massive 3 5-star reviews.

We have begun an additional line of business which includes middle aged people who do have tech knowledge, and probably look at peoples websites and google pages as well. If they do ours, they'll see our 3 reviews, all recent, no long term reviews (but we were in the business for years before we actually got a website and such, so we are far from amateurs). We arent in a saturated market, and the competitors we do have are mostly sitting around 2-4 stars on their GMB.

I'm wondering if its better to have a GMB page with little reviews and no long term history, or no GMB page at all. We aren't running Google ads, and have had little interaction so far through our GMB and its going to take literal years to get to a decent number of reviews. Is it worth removing our GMB and going without it? Thoughts?

A GBP is always better than none. Maybe you don't need to keep it super alive for now, just making sure that NAP and opening hours remain accurate. Once you reach the 10-reviews threshold, yuo may start seeing a big difference.

Also, even if your typical clientele is not very tech savvy, a sizeable portion probably still use Android cell phones with a built-in google account, so maybe consider a reminder tactic via text messages to send your review link?

unt, so maybe consider a reminder t

We are a service area business right now, but the Name and phone number and hours are consistent.

The android phone is a good point, maybe we will revisit our process and send out text links to those who we've helped in the past. We were just going by what email they had (ie if it was a yahoo or aol email, we wouldn't even send a link).

Thank you

We are a service area business right now, but the Name and phone number and hours are consistent.

The android phone is a good point, maybe we will revisit our process and send out text links to those who we've helped in the past. We were just going by what email they had (ie if it was a yahoo or aol email, we wouldn't even send a link).

Thank you

They have to opt in to receive text messages. If you start sending out text messages, you can be sued.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom