ryannbull

Reaction score
I was reading through the Google My Business category updates here New Google My Business Categories [Updated Monthly] - New, Deleted, and Updated Categories and was wondering if there was a place that had definitions for the different categories. For context, one of our clients provides heating and cooling services and there are a number of different HVAC categories one can choose. Is there a place to see what category would be the best fit based on the services our client provides? Thanks in advance.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@ryannbull, that would be handy, but there isn't a list like that (that I've ever seen). Of course, that would be a tricky thing to create, because the GMB categories are squishy, overlap with each other, and often still don't accommodate certain types of businesses clearly or at all.

When in doubt, I tend to look at the categories my clients' competitors have specified. Just to see where they land.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
@ryannbull I have a list here. It was taken from MapMaker back in the days when that was a thing so the list doesn't contain a lot of the newer GMB categories.

However, I wouldn't choose categories based on that list. I'd look to see what categories people are using for the keywords you want to rank for. This tool helps with that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Most UpVoted Answers

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom