More threads by coolrunnings

coolrunnings

Reaction score
I was curious if there a service (seems like a great business opportunity) that will fight spam? Basically there are thousands of fake listings and it would be great to know we could fight back using a service to do it for us.

Does this exist? if so, can you share some providers.

TIA

Reactions: Jac
Report back them "business does not exists"

Let me know

We definitely do it for all our clients. It's something I'd suggest every Local SEO agency do if they work in industries that have a lot of spam.

We provide spam hunting/reporting as a standalone service.

• Love
Reactions: Jac
Two of the brightest Local Seo people on one thread, perfect place to ask this question.

What is the best way to address competitors buying fake reviews for their GMB. Location spam won't work because he has a legitimate commercial address. But he is buying or getting about 20 fake reviews a month, when the average for the industry is only 3 per month in our market. Suggestions?

We definitely do it for all our clients. It's something I'd suggest every Local SEO agency do if they work in industries that have a lot of spam.

Same. Our clients have responded really well to that service in particular. :)

What is the best way to address competitors buying fake reviews for their GMB. Location spam won't work because he has a legitimate commercial address. But he is buying or getting about 20 fake reviews a month, when the average for the industry is only 3 per month in our market. Suggestions?

The best channel to report reviews is GMB on Twitter. Compile a Google doc with supporting evidence, adjust the document permissions so anyone can edit it and DM it to GMB.

They are super backed up right now so action will be delayed.

On August 2nd I flagged and reported to Google via chat, [5-0104000027265], what we consider to be a spam review. This was regarding a 1-star review left by a fellow named David Warden who has left 47 reviews, all but one of them 1-star. He has reviewed businesses all over the United States and around the world, https://google.com/maps/contrib/102128865694009869215/reviews/@37.6806676,-98.3175497,4z?hl=en-US…

So far, Google hasn't responded to the initial email they sent on 8/2 - I replied to that email today and also reached out to GMB support on Twitter. Is there anything else that can be done about this?!?

Thank you.

Hey Kathleen,

I'm actually doing a bunch of testing right now on the best methods to use to get rid of these types of reviews. I have one that I haven't added to my training yet because we're still testing it. So far, I think it's working so I'm going to PM you the details so you can try it and let me know if it works!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom