Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I've Seen the Future of Local Search - and it is HERE...

FutureLocal.jpg
Photo credit: Mark Skipper - Bitterjug - Flickr

26 really smart people from all over the world, pulled out their crystal balls and weighed in on the question: "Where Do You See Local Search in 2014?"

...So I'm sure the answer is HERE, somewhere in the comments below! :)

Enjoy all the revelations in this dynamite post at Powered by Search!

Where Do You See Local Search in 2014? 26 Experts Weigh In

Local SEO is constantly changing with updates to search engine algorithms, advancements in technology and new web development that is making the world of ?search? easier and easier everyday. The way we search for a good restaurant, front row concert tickets, or a top rated auto mechanic might soon be totally different then what we are traditionally use to. This got my wheels turning and I thought to myself, ?I wonder what local search will be like in 2014??

I then decided to go on a mission and search out local seo experts from all around the world. They were asked to answer one question:

Where Do You See Local Search in 2014?

Read the rest at the link above, then come back to share...

What are your predictions for Local Search in 2014???

FutureLocal.jpg

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
My prediction???

All Google Local pages will become unified into one...
and there will be peace and harmony in the world. ;)

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
Great read. Love seeing what others think about such an unpredictable beast. Good find Linda.

Jim Froling

Reaction score
My prediction???

All Google Local pages will become unified into one...
and there will be peace and harmony in the world. ;)

Linda, then click your heels and repeat..."there's no place like home...".

Somewhere Judy Garland is singing. And our lives would not be nearly as interesting:(

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Linda, then click your heels and repeat..."there's no place like home...".

Somewhere Judy Garland is singing. And our lives would not be nearly as interesting:(

LOL true Jim.

And clients would not need US if it was all sunshine and lollipops easy! :p

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JoyHawkins The Future of Google Plus for Local Search Local Search 2
Local Search News Curator Will Citations Stop Being Effective for Local Optimization in the Future? Citations 0
djbaxter Google Analytics 4: Google's vision for the future of analytics Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
JoyHawkins Free Webinar: Is Pay-to-Play the Future of Google My Business? Events 1
A i would like to speak to you regarding google my business listings and future seo management for my company Contact Us Messages 3
Oliver Keates The Future of GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 3
N Scheduling GMB Profiles to Open on a Future Date? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Garrett Sussman An Interview with Marie Haynes: Saving Sites and the Future of Link Building Local Reviews 21
Garrett Sussman An Interview with Jason Brown: Fake Reviews, Review Management, and the Review Site of the Future Local Reviews 6
Garrett Sussman Are Video Reviews the Future of Online Word of Mouth? Local Reviews 2
Priya Chandra Back to the future for Google with Reviews from around the web Local Reviews 7
Chris Ratchford The future of Google Business View? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Dustybones Understanding Google's future of Deep Learning: Whiteboard Friday Local Search 0
Dustybones What does the future of search look like? Local Search 1
djbaxter SEO: Past Performance is No Guarantee of Future Results Organic SEO 0
David Fesler For the Sake of Sanity - Setting Clients up for Future Success Consultant's Corner 12
Chris Ratchford Google Ads- Local Pack- one GMB location only? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
W Local Search Ecosystem Diagram Local SEO Tools & Software 1
C Franchise hub site ranking higher then local franchise sites for the brand? Organic SEO 1
koji Local business with online nationwide services in a post-corona world Google Local 101 5
Barb Davids Phone number not local area code Moving or Name Changes 2
Shelly Pros & Cons of Facebook Locations for Local SEO (for a Credit Union) Multi-Location Issues 3
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
zach.todd What do you look for in a local website audit? Organic SEO 7
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
D Can you set an end-date for Local Services Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Barb Davids Ad fraud with Local Service Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
djbaxter Brightlocal Tool shows Large Google Local Search Algorithm Update March 10, 2021 Google Algorithm Discussions 1
D Local Services and Google my Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
Annika Neudecker One year later, is your GMB/local SEO traffic still up? Local Search 3
Colan Nielsen Find Local Link Opportunities with ZipSprout’s FREE Local Sponsorship Finder! Local SEO Tools & Software 8
Nicole Basham Cons of Removing Second FB Page Profile/"Extra" Twitter account for Local SAB? Mobile & Social 1
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 12
Matt Chauhan Serious Problem With A Dentist's Local Rankings. NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
chrism Local Competitor Keyword Stuffing/Similar Words In GMB Spam on Google 8
buzzrank Home inspector business category not available in Canada, but local competitors have NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Stef Kiley Temp closed business ranking higher in local pack Help & Support for Google Local 2
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
accessted Local Falcon GMB Question Service Area Businesses 2
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
S What makes a great Home/Landing Page in Local? Local Search 6
E What is the Click Through Rate / Conversion Rate for GMB or Local 3 Pack listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J New local pack display? Google Algorithm Discussions 2
N Dedicated local search Local Search 12
djbaxter Webinar The State of Local Search 2021 [Webinar + Q&A] Events 0
Imperialpest Page Speed and Local / Ranking Question Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
djbaxter Online Conference Pubcon Local Services Marketing Conference, January 20-21, 2021 Events 3