More threads by Jamie Steigerwald

Reaction score
I had an interesting experience today. I logged into my dashboard and it was updated. Hooray! I called one of my clients who's Google+ page my account is also a manager for to let them know it was in the new dashboard. When they logged in with their own account is shows the old dash. I confirmed this with a screen share.

It appears that you can view a listing in the new dash if your account has the new dash and you are a manager of the Google+ page.

Linda, this is also the account that I reference on the other thread with the jumping suite # from line 2 to line 1.

I had an interesting experience today. I logged into my dashboard and it was updated. Hooray! I called one of my clients who's Google+ page my account is also a manager for to let them know it was in the new dashboard. When they logged in with their own account is shows the old dash. I confirmed this with a screen share.

Thanks Jamie, but you totally bamboozled me.

Their account, their G+ and their Places dash? It's the clients everything right? So they would also be manager of their G+ in that account. So I don't get why you can see it and they can't?

Sorry for the confusion. Let me try and clarify.

In my personal account before the upgrade to the new dash my client did not appear. I had several other local business in my old places dash in my personal account.

Today I received the new places dash in my personal account. In the new places dash I now see my clients local business (previously it was not there). My thought is that I can see it with the new places dash in my account because I am a manager on there Google+ page (several months ago I had merged old dash places listing and Google+ page before I knew to wait for updated dash).

The clients account still shows old places dash.

Result is that the same business shows new places dash in my personal account and old places dash in my customers account.

Let me know how I can clarify more.

Oh dear. Was afraid it was something like that when you were saying "your'' dash but was hoping I misunderstood.

Should not have multiple clients in your personal account. Or any client in your account. All it takes is one or 2 violations and the entire account can get suspended which penalizes all your clients, even ones that are not in violation.

2nd it's a major violation to have a listing claimed in more than one account. Not only a violation but it can cause all kinds of problems.

3rd even if was OK to merge with G+, were not supposed to merge listings that have any data issues and being claimed in more than one account is a big data problem.

I actually never claimed the listing in my person account. Before today it was not showing in my person places dash account. It only showed up today once I received the new places dash. I am thinking it maybe because my personal account is also a manager for the Google+ page.

Once I started learning about local I stopped adding places to my own account and had the client (or I did it for them) create an account. That is why I was so surprised today when it showed up in my personal account.

Unless you have another suggestion I can call support tomorrow and see if they can determine if it is a hidden merged dupe or just a new feature of the new places dash and Google+ page management.

Oh sorry Jamie. Thought you meant you had it claimed along with the other clients in your account.

If it just magically showed up on it's own then I'm stumped.

But no it's not really a standard dual claimed listing (and def not hidden merged dupe - those you can't see or find). If you never claimed it and it just showed up in your dash.

This is where it's going to get crazy because G+ and Places are so tied together with the new dash. But if you were just the G+ manager not owner I don't know why it would have done that.

I am definitely stumped too. I will update everyone tomorrow after I call support to validate everything is good.

My big question is going to be I have been waiting on the new dash to make some changes to the listing, but I want to validate that I can do it now that it shows up in new dash in my personal account or if there is some merging still needed to go before I make changes.

This may also be related to why the suite on the second line isn't sticking for this listing.

But not sure why you were waiting on the new dash to make changes? After you merge with G+ you are not supposed to make changes in the Places dash any more. You are supposed to make changes in G+ only.

I actually never claimed the listing in my person account. Before today it was not showing in my person places dash account. It only showed up today once I received the new places dash. I am thinking it maybe because my personal account is also a manager for the Google+ page.

I believe that's exactly what happened. This happened to a us with a client who had made us a manager of their Local G+ page.

It basically imported the info into the new dash automatically. Kind of cool!

That is very cool. But do you know if that means that the account is fully merged and can / should be updated from Google+ page even when still showing in old dash in clients login?

I was going to call support today about this but didn't get to it. I will try again tomorrow and update everyone.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom