More threads by cfazio

cfazio

Reaction score
Has anyone used Keyword Hero before?

Seems too good to be true.

Supposedly can match ~90% of the organic click data in GSC with session data in GA4, so you can view GA4 metrics by organic keyword.

I am SUPER curious if this is possible. I feel like the data is there and G is just not showing it to us, so I think a tool like this could work in theory BUT I also have doubts. I hope someone on this forum has better insights.

possibly @danaditomaso would know

Weird to me that Keyword Hero is surfacing in discussion now. I tried it probably about 6-7 years ago but we didn't have enough traffic back then to really get a gauge on it.

It did show some keyword level data for organic clicks, but I don't remember it being super believable. I would definitely be curious if anyone has an update on it. Just seems like if the data is there and reachable via any kind of API, etc. then every major SEO software tool would be using that data.

I would probably assume it's modeling the keyword level data based on some sort of an algo, comparing an assumed keyword target with ranking data to the search/click volume for a particular KW. I don't remember their system giving us any longtail KW returns, just 2-3 word phrases (which never seems plausible).

I am SUPER curious if this is possible. I feel like the data is there and G is just not showing it to us, so I think a tool like this could work in theory BUT I also have doubts. I hope someone on this forum has better insights.

possibly @danaditomaso would know

Yeah it's just blending landing page data in GA4 with keyword data from GSC and then adding on some magic keyword data based on their best guesses, as far as I can tell. There isn't anything special or hidden that it's uncovering. You can create a GA4/GSC blend in Looker Studio for free and you'd be working with real data, at least.

Yeah it's just blending landing page data in GA4 with keyword data from GSC and then adding on some magic keyword data based on their best guesses, as far as I can tell. There isn't anything special or hidden that it's uncovering. You can create a GA4/GSC blend in Looker Studio for free and you'd be working with real data, at least.

I tried doing this in Data Studio a long time ago but it was not happening ... may have to look into that again.

We are getting working on getting our client's GA4 data into BigQuery, so makes sense to use this in Loooker.

agreed with @danaditomaso, the data is available from GSC and GA4. We had a similar use case, eg an ecomm client needs to know keywords responsible for converting a category of products.
The only way we have solved this, is to use/match backend data from Search Console, GA4 & ecomm systems. It was a complex process, and we could not use native blending in Looker, and ended up using BigQuery. There is still some limitation, especially we are not able to track an individual conversion, but over a solid month, we were able to make some keyword attribution decision.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom