More threads by dgervase

dgervase

Reaction score
Hi, I've been managing a law firm's website and online presence for the past 15+ years. Recently we started having trouble with our LSA ads.

From September 2021 - August 2022 we were averaging 66 LSA leads a month. June 2022 was a great month at 106 leads.
Then in October 2022 we dropped to just 14 leads. November and December were 11 and 8 respectively.

The law firm is located in Charlotte, NC which I'd say is a decently sized city.

Bidding Mode was set for months to Max Leads (Google recommended). It was recently changed to Max Bid and set to $1,000
Budget is currently set at $500,000. We've tried a variety of levels, but it never spends close to that.

Job types are focused on accidents and injuries.

Client is extremely responsive and has a full time staff for answering phones.

They are located in the center of the city, and have tried a variety of targeting areas. Right now it's set to cover a pretty larger radius outside of Charlotte.

Reviews are extremely strong and come in regularly. We're significantly higher than most of our competition who is somehow consistently is outranking us on LSA.

Does anyone have any ideas of what we should try? Thanks in advance for the help.

Solution
Hello @dgervase, I know you said the client is extremely responsive but the first thing I would check is how many calls they received vs connected calls vs leads charged over the past 6 months or so. I've seen a lot of accounts experience a drop in leads like this and most were from an accidental decrease in responsiveness.

I would drop the budget down to a more realistic number there's obviously no way Google could hit that budget.

Other things to consider:
-Is the client disputing a ton of leads?
-Has a new advertiser(s) just started doing LSAs in the same market?
Hello @dgervase, I know you said the client is extremely responsive but the first thing I would check is how many calls they received vs connected calls vs leads charged over the past 6 months or so. I've seen a lot of accounts experience a drop in leads like this and most were from an accidental decrease in responsiveness.

I would drop the budget down to a more realistic number there's obviously no way Google could hit that budget.

Other things to consider:
-Is the client disputing a ton of leads?
-Has a new advertiser(s) just started doing LSAs in the same market?

Solution
I am working in-house at a law firm, and we are seeing the same trend. Even in areas where our rankings are high, we are getting fewer and fewer leads. Even being ranked first has been garnering noticeably less than before, and I haven't been able to solve this.

I am working in-house at a law firm, and we are seeing the same trend. Even in areas where our rankings are high, we are getting fewer and fewer leads. Even being ranked first has been garnering noticeably less than before, and I haven't been able to solve this.

It's amazing what a drop we've seen. Let me know if you'd like to connect to discuss more.

Thanks

Hey there! My name is Curtis Boyd with the Transparency Company and I'd love to offer a suggestion or two.

It appears that 1 of 2 things may be happening.

#1 - Your competitors are getting more market share in recent months
#2 - There's less overall leads in your target market in your service area.

Either way, that's something our data can accurately tell you.

To find out what's going on, I'd recommend using our software and adding all your relevant keywords.
www.lsaranktracker.com (in late beta)

Also, I'm holding a masterclass this Friday on LSA UTM parameters if your interesting in learning more about that:
https://community.askfortransparenc...r-masterclass?instance_index=20230303T190000Z

Hi, I've been managing a law firm's website and online presence for the past 15+ years. Recently we started having trouble with our LSA ads.

From September 2021 - August 2022 we were averaging 66 LSA leads a month. June 2022 was a great month at 106 leads.
Then in October 2022 we dropped to just 14 leads. November and December were 11 and 8 respectively.

The law firm is located in Charlotte, NC which I'd say is a decently sized city.

Bidding Mode was set for months to Max Leads (Google recommended). It was recently changed to Max Bid and set to $1,000
Budget is currently set at $500,000. We've tried a variety of levels, but it never spends close to that.

Job types are focused on accidents and injuries.

Client is extremely responsive and has a full time staff for answering phones.

They are located in the center of the city, and have tried a variety of targeting areas. Right now it's set to cover a pretty larger radius outside of Charlotte.

Reviews are extremely strong and come in regularly. We're significantly higher than most of our competition who is somehow consistently is outranking us on LSA.

Does anyone have any ideas of what we should try? Thanks in advance for the help.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom