More threads by bailey_t

bailey_t

Reaction score
Hi guys - I am currently working on SEO for a local bar near me.... my client wants to highlight their products (beer/wine/liquors) in their GMB through the photos/posts/potentially product cards but I am unsure if that might flag/suspend the account since there are weird guidelines around having alcohol in GMB photos... does anyone have any insight/advice? thank you all in advance for your SEO skills/help :)

@bailey_t, I think you're good to go on the photos. Photos of various brain cell removers are common. Probably wouldn't fill out the "Products" section with specific labels of drink, though. That's more for the menu and for the site.

For posts, I'd recommend using it to promote events and services rather than specific items. Like if you have a bar trivia night or a discount going on, that could make a good post, especially if you pair it with a nice photo. For the products section, I agree with Phil on specific drinks, but in the event that you do bookings for private events, that could certainly go there.

question about the bar - does it serve food? IF they don't, then from a business perspective I'd push them a little to see if they can figure out a way to do simple bar apps/small dishes. People are likely to stay longer (I think Jon Taffer mentioned something like 30% longer, but I'd have to fact check that) if they have an option to eat.

So what I do with a bar that I work with is work with the bar manager to showcase food + drink pairings. Both beer and cocktails have specific food that they are best paired with, so by highlighting that you can leverage the photos to get people ordering certain things that you (the bar) want to push.

The bar manager should have a list of beer they need to push through, so take the special list and do a photo shoot with the beers on special for the week + a food menu item. We don't do anything special, just shoot the photo on a cell phone (iphone) and use the native editing app to tweak as needed.

Cross-promote on other social channels for greater reach.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom