More threads by JohnnyM

JohnnyM

Reaction score
I have a client who is located in the in a very competitive market in a small city (Hartford CT). They are located in the north end. In the map box they are number 1 in the north side, 4th in the center of town and 6 in the south end. This is driving them nuts. They feel they're losing business.
We are constantly updating the GMB. Is there any explanation for this issue other than location? We don't have this issue in any other location we service for them (there are 13). Organically, they are #1 for the main search term.
On caveat. While they are number one organically, the home page shows at the top, the location page not at all. All our competitor location pages show up. This happens only for the main, money keyword. For location searches the location page is at the top, home page right behind but the map box doesn't change.

North Hartford 8-24.jpg

They are likely 4th in the center of town because there are more listings competing with them there that have a stronger proximity signal (they are closer to that pin). That is my best guess without knowing any specifics.

They are likely 4th in the center of town because there are more listings competing with them there that have a stronger proximity signal (they are closer to that pin). That is my best guess without knowing any specifics.
Thanks for the input. that is my thought as well. Some competitors are adept at spam, especially keyword laden reviews, but that is a never ending battle.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom