More threads by GuyFinley

GuyFinley

Reaction score
Getting a really weird error for a client where his GMB page has been suspended. When I go in and try to edit the profile it is completely blank. The info tab is completely blank, the reviews tab results in a 404 error. If I click on the Users tab the page will hang.

As part of the request to have it reviewed, I'm supposed to check that it's in compliance. Since the profile is completely blank I'm not sure how I can do that. Should I just do the request anyway or try the support route (good luck to me on that right now, eh?).

–Guy

Hi Guy,

Sounds buggy. Maybe give it 24 hours and try again.

Well, unfortunately, this hasn't worked itself out. The listing is still suspended and blank when I go to edit it. I've emailed a support request in.

I noted a community posting from someone else with the same issue.

Guy,

If you want to send me the thread where someone else is reporting this, I can escalate it and ask Google what the issue is.

Guy,

If you want to send me the thread where someone else is reporting this, I can escalate it and ask Google what the issue is.

Still struggling with this unfortunately, over two months later and the latest response from Google is this has something to do with my G-Suite account being suspended. As I administer my G-Suite account and have access to dozens of other client's pages I don't get it. I've responded that can't possibly be the case.

Here are some similar reports on the community pages:

If you want to post a thread on the GMB forum with all the details of the business listing that's suspended, I'd be happy to send it to Google to find out what's going on.

I haven't gotten any further with this and seems like my ticket is dead. I responded my G-Suite account can't possibly be suspended as I AM the G-Suite admin but not response.

Guy,

I can't see the thread anymore, did I already respond to it when it was live?

I've tried bumping this ticket again and haven't gotten anywhere. I'm bumping the conversation on the community again as well. Support's reasoning about this being related to my Google account makes no sense as I manage a host of other locations with this account.

@GuyFinley that post doesn't work. It might have got flagged if you used any wording that violated community guidelines. If you want to try posting the link to the thread again here, I can check it out. Make sure the link works for someone who is not logged in. If it doesn't, you likely need to repost.

I can't seem to avoid GMB weirdness, if I am logged in with the account I posted with I see this post, any other account I don't see it. I talked to G-Suite support and they confirmed there is no issue with my account. When I sent this to GMB support I got the very same canned reply again. :( You had even replied to this one early @JoyHawkins

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 09.01.24.png

It's not there anymore so I'm not sure what happened to it. The thread was live at some point (when I responded) but it got deleted.

Can you try posting a new one?

That one worked. I responded :)

Hey @JoyHawkins - it seems others have this problem and I haven't gotten anywhere with this. My client has already started looking with another agency over this, so I'm essentially about to be fired over something completely beyond my control.

I brought this up to Google a couple of times and it doesn't appear to be something they are gonna fix anytime soon. I just posted on the thread. If I hear anything different from them, I'll let you know.

I am sorry that I am so late, and I hope you have resolved this issue by now! This might be helpful to others or if you haven't fixed it yet. We ran into the same issue and it turned out that our youtube account had been suspended, and it was linked to the same brand account as the GMB listing. The brand account was also suspended, causing this same error with our GMB. Support told us over and over again it was a Gsuite issue, but that wasn't the case. We were able to submit this form: Request to restore your Google Account - Google Account Help and get the brand account reinstated, which fixed the GMB issues.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom