More threads by heckler

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has any experience with this?

I've had to deal with a few domains recently that Google applied manual actions to and upon looking into the domain history I found they were used in content farms and other nefarious spammy marketing techniques.

I don't think this is from anything my clients have done and I've not been working with them long enough to break anything myself :D

Their present index (for links #majestic) is clean, one has a large number of clearly spammy links in the historical index, but I just wanted to understand more of how Google leverages these against domains and their stickiness (once the domain is no longer registered or hosting a website).

The re-inclusion request has already been done, just waiting to hear back, but I'm sure some of the other pros on here have (maybe) dealt with this exact scenario.

Google usually lifts the penalty if they see it's a new owner, i've had that exam same issue on a French domain, and in 5 days it was back up and running nicely, the domain actually recovered its positions at an amazing speed, like it was "reset".

You might want to disavow the bad links also as a preventive mesure, in my case it was a domain name that has been used for heavy cloacking and shady techniques so the link profile was all clean when we acquired that domain name, we couldn't guess it was penalised.

My understanding was that ownership changes would reset the actions, but clearly that isn't the case.

You might want to disavow the bad links also as a preventive mesure, in my case it was a domain name that has been used for heavy cloacking and shady techniques so the link profile was all clean when we acquired that domain name, we couldn't guess it was penalised.

Luckily, all the links I found in the historical index (through majestic) were removed. The previous owners used some extremely spammy content techniques and both of the manual action domains had been owned by the same company previously (unaffiliated with me or my company).

Bing also took some kind of action on one of the domains, when I inspected their index they were still trying to crawl the old (previous owner's) sitemap. They've reviewed it, hopefully it indexes soon.

Appreciate your insights Patrice.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom