TomW

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Starting seeing this message yesterday... mainly on unverified listings with a partial address.
miami-power-wash.png

Local finder version:

all-ways-drains.png

On a verified listing with a PO Box address:

po-box.png

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@TomW, yeah, I've seen that a few times, too. Under the same conditions.

For the 2nd business, I'm surprised Google can't or won't just suck the address right off of the "Contact" page. It's listed there, and on that business's BBB page.

Of course, there's a chance that's just a "mailing" address or other non-compliant address, but that's also true of other businesses Google lets stay on the map. Apparently, Google just wants an address, and the address in this case is pretty easy to get at.

TomW

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Hi Phil, for that second business, looks like the GMB listing associated with the address on their contact page is this one: Google Maps

I think a lot of the GMB listings with just city, state zip code are sourced from old yp and/or possibly dex listings. They ended up getting into aggregators and then a GMB listing was generated.

Since Google is able to identify that the location on these listings needs improvement, I wish they would just remove them altogether. I'm guessing most, if not all, are ineligible and are just cluttering up maps. It would be difficult for a user to improve the location on these, unless of course the message helps motivate a user to suggest that the listing doesn't exist. :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
petrakraft Wrong location of an address in Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 6
P Claiming 100 locations on Google Maps - what's the best approach? Multi-Location Issues 4
webforu How to show Location Map on Knowledge Panel Local Search 2
billenross Location removed from maps All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 9
J Branded Search shows Co Location but not G Maps search for city/location Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Jared Broussard Google Maps: Address Searches Producing "At This Location" Bar Google My Business & Google Maps 1
nmosier85 Location Extension Map Clicks Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
AndySimpson Using Heat Maps to find a clients next office location Local Search 10
Z Solved: Multi-Location Business, Google Maps only shows one location instead of two Multi-Location Issues 10
Chaddow Has any one had this problem - Verifying a location appears in the knowledge graph but not in maps Google My Business & Google Maps 4
S Google map Service Area Not location Google My Business & Google Maps 5
bhartzer Added New Place on Maps.. Google Puts Location as My House Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Link back to Google+ or Google Maps or Search from individual location website pages? Local Search 1
R Best Ways to Get Inventory of Google Maps Listings for Company with Many Locations Google My Business & Google Maps 11
J Google Maps Sidebar: "At This Location" Google My Business & Google Maps 8
H Tool to Search for a List Specific Address Locations to See if They are Listed in Map Local SEO Tools & Software 4
S Showing in Maps Where You AREN'T Physically Located Local Search 3
J Conflicted old location marker in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Eric Rohrback Google Maps - Send Location to Your Phone Google My Business & Google Maps 0
V Issue with GMB & map listings for locations within locations Help & Support for Google Local 0
D How can I change our office location on Google Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet New Google Map Ranking Test OR Just a Link to a Locations Map? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
K Google maps has wrong location for client Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Amber Robinson Embedding map on SAB location page Google My Business & Google Maps 5
K HELP! No impressions, not being located in google maps when search is completed. Help & Support for Google Local 6
L Our location+category wiped off the Google map Google My Business & Google Maps 6
johncrenshaw Change Apple Maps Marker Location Local Search 1
Chris Ratchford UHGGG. Client moved to new location- Now Google maps to residential neighborhood Help & Support for Google Local 8
sergiuliano Using location.KML and geomap.xml for submitting your locations to Google Maps Local Search 12
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
R Map pin and get directions discrepancy Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 2
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
D Google Maps, Years in Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Vickyboli Google maps pin misplaced Google My Business & Google Maps 6
L Google Maps 'Details' section - Can you add to this or edit? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Ryan Steinolfson How do you get the business name to show up next to the map pin? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Map Pack Ads for Service Area Business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Decreased traffic to Google maps due to local service ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
J Why is my label in Google Maps blue instead of red? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
K New Real Estate (apartments) on Google Maps Local Search 2
Professor M Google Maps and Google My Business Big Changes - Google Maps Local News Feed Google My Business & Google Maps 26
H Home page and create map Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Professor M Google Maps Update - live status of takeout and delivery orders when you book or order from Google Maps on Android and iOS Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Yandex Maps and NAP Consistency NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
L Apple Maps With Call Tracking Number On Website Citations 4
pbarnhart Google Maps Test - USPS cross-referencing for deliverability Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Tim Kahlert Knowledge Panel instead of Map Pack [inexplicable] Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Brian Barwig Why You Should Embed a Google Map on Your Website Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Ben Walsh Best keywords to use for geogrid ranking maps Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2