More threads by brettmandoes

brettmandoes

Reaction score
Hey there, I've got a client that wants to know if it's possible to alter their listing's appearance on Maps. Right now there's an attribute listed for Onsite Services, which is good, but competitors are also getting a checkmark that says "Provides: Repair AC". I've attached an example. Is there anything I can do to trigger that attribute? It looks like something that was autogenerated by Google. Any advice you can offer would help. Thanks!

google maps attributes.jpg

Is "the Repair AC" added as "custom" service or added as a service suggestion?
predefined services are better for Google AI to "understand"

You can still add it as a product

Other tips:
Create a GMB post/offer for Repair AC

as you see below on scott's GMB KP as a service

1626878571433.jpg

Hey there, I've got a client that wants to know if it's possible to alter their listing's appearance on Maps. Right now there's an attribute listed for Onsite Services, which is good, but competitors are also getting a checkmark that says "Provides: Repair AC". I've attached an example. Is there anything I can do to trigger that attribute? It looks like something that was autogenerated by Google. Any advice you can offer would help. Thanks!

google maps attributes.jpg
Your keyword search was "ac company near me". You appeared above your competitors for the phrase "I research all different AC company". The way I look at it, Google has done its job in your favour. What more do you want?

Your keyword search was "ac company near me". You appeared above your competitors for the phrase "I research all different AC company". The way I look at it, Google has done its job in your favour. What more do you want?

Thank you! It took a lot of work to get that client to move up the ladder. They're still lower than where I want them for a lot of queries, but it would be nice if they viewed their rankings that way :LOL:

Is "the Repair AC" added as "custom" service or added as a service suggestion?
predefined services are better for Google AI to "understand"

You can still add it as a product

Other tips:
Create a GMB post/offer for Repair AC

as you see below on scott's GMB KP as a service

1626878571433.jpg

Yes, it was added under the Air Conditioning category. I haven't added it as a product yet, and probably won't. Seems like that section is meant for the actual products they sell so that's what I'm trying to stick with there.

Yes, it was added under the Air Conditioning category. I haven't added it as a product yet, and probably won't. Seems like that section is meant for the actual products they sell so that's what I'm trying to stick with there.
I think Google just chose to show a review justification (user icon) instead of a service justification (check icon) on your client's listing

I have never seen a listing with more than one justification so Google Algorithm decides which one it will show. There is not much else to do.

If you have either "onsite services" or "online appointments" selected as attributes, they block justifications (all types) from showing in the 3-pack. Remove these 2 attributes if you want them to show up and you should see justifications showing in about 48 hrs.

If you have either "onsite services" or "online appointments" selected as attributes, they block justifications (all types) from showing in the 3-pack. Remove these 2 attributes if you want them to show up and you should see justifications showing in about 48 hrs.

@JoyHawkins I want to remove this for a client but the new attributes make you select yes or no. How can I remove this all together?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom