More threads by obcted

obcted

Reaction score
So I've been following this topic for a while now, here and elsewhere. I understand that google is working on it but this has been going on for a client of mine for about 6 months and we now have some good documentation.

I've read the post here:

I've submitted a ticket here: Sign in - Google Accounts
and opened a post here: Sign in - Google Accounts
Here's the post: https://support.google.com/business/thread/166543588?hl=en

In short my client tells me 10+ have gone missing Since February 2022. After a while he started having his clients send screenshots because they would tell them they left reviews but they wouldn't show. I have proof of 3 but client is insisting it's many many more.

If I could get at least some of these restored it would go a long way.

Client has 2 offices (Boston MA and Salem MA)

Here are the respective profiles:

&

NameLocationReview DateScreenshot?
Bryan DawleyBoston4/28/22Yes
Andrew RichSalem2/28/22Yes
Madeline DelgadoBoston2/12/22Yes

Bryan Dawler May 3 22Screenshot.jpg

Andrew Rich Feb 2 2022.jpg

Madeline Delgado.jpg

@JoyHawkins any tips or tricks aside from what I've done so far? These are all clients of my lawyer clients and they are not posting from his office or anything to trigger an IP issue. I'm at a loss for what to do and client is getting frustrated. Any advice you or anyone in the community has would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Ted

Solution
Not only has the filter got stricter, but they also have been doing waves of takedowns lately so I'm hearing tons of reports of businesses losing reviews in the last week that were published before but then got removed recently.

One thing to try is instead of sending customers a link to review you with, tell them to search for you on Google and leave a review. That *might* help - it's worth testing.

I'll go escalate your thread on the Google forum now.
This is happening accross a lot of businesses. Not just legal ones. It has been happening since the end of last month. Not sure exactly what the pattern here is, will try to do a longer study.
Some of the random business we track as part of GMBAlert.com, these are the data between

Did these losses translate to a change in ratings? Was the losses significant enough?

1) We lost another 16 overnight. These were 100% clients and legit reviews.
2) So far our rankings in maps has not been impacted. But, our competition is probably losing reviews as well so the tide may be rising and falling for all the same...

1) We lost another 16 overnight. These were 100% clients and legit reviews.
2) So far our rankings in maps has not been impacted. But, our competition is probably losing reviews as well so the tide may be rising and falling for all the same...

Would you mind sharing the name and address of the client? I would love to take a look.

Hi All,
Google is asking for examples of profiles affected by this. Please DM me a list of affected profiles and how many reviews have been removed and I can open a case about this.

Hey Ben,

I just tried dm you and it didnt work so here is an account I have with this issue.

I just saw your response on the thread here Missing Reviews/ Reviews Disappearing. I wanted details on a customer that lost 12 reviews in the past week. one major change I saw was they signed up with PulseM a reputation management company. So I am not sure if this has anything to do with the issue but here is the link to their profile

@Will_GMBEverywhere that's super interesting. Do you have any numbers from this month? People are saying there are a lot more takedowns in the last week or so.

@Will_GMBEverywhere that's super interesting. Do you have any numbers from this month? People are saying there are a lot more takedowns in the last week or so.

Hi @JoyHawkins
Do you mean from the beginning of the month? The above data is just from the last 2 days, October 18th beginning to October 20th noon EST time.

We dont have data going a lot back in time, but we we have been noticing this trend since the end of last month. A business that exemplifies this trend is Googleplex: GMB Alerts

As you can see, since 25 September, it has been loosing reviews in multiple phases. It is still happening.

Last edited:
Hi @JoyHawkins
Do you mean from the beginning of the month? The above data is just from the last 2 days, September 18th beginning to September 20th noon EST time.

We dont have data going a lot back in time, but we we have been noticing this trend since the end of last month. A business that exemplifies this trend is Googleplex: GMB Alerts

As you can see, since 25 September, it has been loosing reviews in multiple phases. It is still happening.

I have a hunch and need help. What was the first date that you noticed that the reviews started being removed?

OK, I cracked some of the code. On October 10th/ 11th. Google released reviews that had been filtered out. As this happened, Google started removing reviews. @TomW noticed reviews being removed on the 11th/12th too.

Hi @JoyHawkins
Do you mean from the beginning of the month? The above data is just from the last 2 days, September 18th beginning to September 20th noon EST time.

Do you mean October? It is October right? Lol 😂

Google removed more reviews overnight. They removed reviews from business profiles that hit in the midday sweep. I am curious to see if they do another sweep today.

Screenshot 2022-10-22 061551.png

Joy, one of the businesses that you are familiar with started off with 1222 reviews, Google removed 656 reviews. They then bought more fake reviews and jumped up to 861 reviews on July 25th. . They currently sit at 597 reviews. Another business gained 401 reviews right after they were verified. They jumped up to 516 reviews. Today they have 268 reviews. Each day they add more fake reviews and Google removes them again. On the 18th they lost 159 reviews.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom