More threads by Chris Ratchford

Chris Ratchford

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a client who is considering relocated his practice. The issue is that his address will be a different city (it's only a mile or two away).

He has over 100 reviews on his Google Local listing.

I haven't had a client relocate to a different city, so I thought I'd check w/ the LSF.

Hi Chris,

When the address changes the reviews MAY disconnect, but they are not gone, they are in a different database.

Were you aware of the option now to ask Google to move reviews? They generally will if they feel the user experience has not changed, only the location has.

Moving reviews across Google+ pages

"Physical location (address) move

If your business moves from one location to another and keeps the same business name, Google will generally move the reviews to the new location. There are some exceptions for businesses heavily tied to their locations, like hotels, golf courses or scenic attractions."

Jade says to use the troubleshooter here: https://support.google.com/business/#topic=4539639&ts=3054546,3141976&contact=1

But you could also try calling support.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom