Reaction score
I have a website for a business with three locations. I've setup each location with their own location page. I'm adding location specific schema on each of those pages as well. However, when it comes to the home page of the website, should I have just the schema for the primary location?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@mikepetersonwi, I suggest having all 3 NAP blobs (with or without Schema) in the footer, along with links to each "location" page. The result, of course, is that each page of the site has the NAP info of each location. (No, that does not confuse Google, from what I've seen.)

The main content of the homepage also should have a blurb on each location (not just the primary location), with a link to each location page.

Putting a specific NAP blob on the appropriate "location" page is a good idea.

Reaction score
Thanks Phil.

Regarding Schema, do you think it is good to have the Local Business Schema for all three locations on the Home Page as well? Or are you suggesting that having the NAP for each in the footer with a link to the location page, which has the location specific schema is enough?

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
In my opinion, location schema only has any value if you add a price range field with the review markup. Neither of those can show on the homepage so I would add schema for each city to the location pages (with review markup) and not have anything on the homepage.

Reaction score
After further reading, I've come up with more questions than answers. I'll try to keep it simple:
  1. I'm running Genesis Framework which has some Webpage markup schema built in to it. My research suggests that this be disabled, since I'm using Yoast SEO, and that creates Webpage markup schema quite well.
  2. With that said, Yoast does not support the Local Business markup which includes hours of operation and business type (insurance agency.)
  3. I'm going to list all locations in the footer as suggested by Phil Rozek, with links to individual location pages. Each of those pages will include separate Local Business markup that is unique to each location, as well as Aggregate Rating markup using Business Reviews Bundle plugin specific to that location.
  4. I'm considering Nested Organization markup as well. Is this necessary? If so, where would it be placed, and does anyone know of a generator that does it well?
Does all of this appear to be a sound plan?

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Local Schema Mark Up for Multi-Locations Questions Multi-Location Issues 3
A Local Schema Mark Up for Multi-Locations Questions Multi-Location Issues 3
RFKSolutions Business Multi Location Schema Markup Help Help & Support for Google Local 20
djbaxter Webinar GMB Best Practices for Multi-Location Sites: Live Webinar April 14, 2021 Events 0
walkities Multi Location Using Same Phone Number? Local Search 2
Ben Walsh Is this still the ideal site structure for multi location businesses Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
E Re-naming Facebook Location Pages for a Multi-Location Brand Citations 11
H Multi-Location Content Strategy Google Local 101 6
IanJohnson Multi-Location Businesses not showing Local results in SERPs Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H Facebook multi-location - what are the risks? Local Search 1
j_holtslander Solved: Simultaneous multi-location moves Google My Business & Google Maps 12
NatalieS Using 'Located within' for multi-location businesses Multi-Location Issues 1
Lanerizz Properly Closing a Location on GMB for Multi-Location Business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Simple & Cheap Multi-Location Review Request Email Generator? Local Reviews 3
brettmandoes Automating Citations for Multi-Location Business Citations 13
Z Solved: Multi-Location Business, Google Maps only shows one location instead of two Multi-Location Issues 10
Caroline Multi Location: Home Page Competing with Location Page Local Search 7
P Multi-location business - How can I update my GMB opening times for All my locations in one go ? Multi-Location Issues 3
S Multi Locations In A City Service Area Businesses 18
C Multi-Location Keyword Targeting - Looking for Thoughts / Advice Multi-Location Issues 0
chrish Multi-Location Keyword Targeting - Looking for Thoughts / Advice Multi-Location Issues 4
J Interesting, Sneak Way of Trying to Game Multi Location Google My Business Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 6
chicoelnino Multi Location question Google My Business & Google Maps 14
B Single-City Multi-Location Business Local SEO Multi-Location Issues 4
B Single-City Multi-Location Business Local SEO Multi-Location Issues 4
P Question about multi service and multi location Local Search 6
I Multi-location GMB Listings for Mobile Vets Local Search 3
H anyone have experience with facebook multi-location business pages Local Search 2
L Another Multi-Location SAB Question... Service Area Businesses 5
LloydDobbler Another Multi-Location SAB Question... Service Area Businesses 5
A Multi-locations - Reviews for the company or for each locations ? Local Search 7
dsteiner Proper Page Structure for Multi-Location Lawyers? Local Search 6
M How To Represent Multi-Location SABs Service Area Businesses 8
M How To Represent Multi-Location SABs Service Area Businesses 8
B Question about multi-location service area businesses Multi-Location Issues 9
B Question about multi-location service area businesses Multi-Location Issues 9
D Best in class for multi locations Multi-Location Issues 5
Durandl Best in class for multi locations Multi-Location Issues 5
D Multi locations but only one phone number - HELP!! Multi-Location Issues 11
Durandl Multi locations but only one phone number - HELP!! Multi-Location Issues 11
James Watt SEO considerations when buying a multi-location business Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet For Masochists Only: Multi-Location Franchise Local SEO by Andrew Shotland Local Search 6
L Concrete Details?...Correct GMB Registration of Multi-location Business? Multi-Location Issues 6
Lee Alley Concrete Details?...Correct GMB Registration of Multi-location Business? Multi-Location Issues 6
T Multi-location businesses: Is it worth doing Moz Local for each one? Multi-Location Issues 9
Tim Colling Multi-location businesses: Is it worth doing Moz Local for each one? Multi-Location Issues 9
H Am I doing location pages all wrong for multi location businesses? Multi-Location Issues 9
H Am I doing location pages all wrong for multi location businesses? Multi-Location Issues 9
DanLeibson Multi-Location Brands & Local SEO Local Search 4
H Multi-locations and multiple keyword targets Local Search 3