More threads by avrotrade

avrotrade

Reaction score
Greetings and thank you in advance.
Somewhat a beginner here in GMB.

I have a situation with 2 locations in the same state and identical name but with a different address; when searching the name in Google search only the first one (older one) is returned. Ideally, I would like a return where both locations are displayed - here is a similar example when searching for Handle's Ice Cream: Link

Here is some background
  • both locations are validated in GMB
  • again separate entities i.e. different address, phone, etc
  • most of the reviews are going to the first location; probably because is the only one that comes up in Google search. If we search on Maps then both will show.
  • both point to the same website which does not have an individual locations page; rather the main location is displayed across the entire website (i.e. footer) but they do have a location page
What can I do in order to have Google return results with locations listed each individual just like in the Handle's Ice Cream example?
I was thinking Structured Data or better yet - change the website so that each location points to a different URL within the main site i.e. www.domain.com/oh/index.html
I also read something about the first location 'overpowering' the second one .... initial location was opened around 2008 whereas the second around 2020

Appreciate and suggestions.
AV

What states are they located in? In the example you provided, the reason Google is displaying all three is because they are close in proximity. In other words, all three can fit into that map preview in the 3-pack.

If they are in different states and not close in proximity, Google will typically show the one that is closest to the searchers location.

Thank you for your answer
What states are they located in? In the example you provided, the reason Google is displaying all three is because they are close in proximity. In other words, all three can fit into that map preview in the 3-pack.

If they are in different states and not close in proximity, Google will typically show the one that is closest to the searchers location.
Thank you for your answer.
Locations are in the same state and pretty much within close range, under 20 miles.

Feel free to DM me the details can have a look if you aren't ok to share here publicly.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom