More threads by cjk

cjk

Reaction score
A few of my competitors in my industry are falsely using there address to get a business listing on Google Maps. We are strictly a SAB with no need for an address. I have made an edit to these listings and they where removed. About a week later the same profiles started to remerge and are back on as they where before still with reviews. How are they able to do this? A quick look on street view clearly shows there running it from there home and have no shop front signage.

Thanks

I find I have more success with the redressal form when it's a fake business/listing vs if it's a legit business that just has their address showing. Google isn't great at policing their own policy on that front. Map edits may work better but I would try both.

I find I have more success with the redressal form when it's a fake business/listing vs if it's a legit business that just has their address showing. Google isn't great at policing their own policy on that front. Map edits may work better but I would try both.

Is there a way to suggest an edit to convert a listing to a SAB?

Yep, you can mark the location as "not open to the public"

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 1.03.27 PM.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom