More threads by accessted

Reaction score
Hello,

I Really need some help. Posted about my SAB listing a few weeks ago about not showing up in search only when you entered the exact name. I pretty much do not have any traffic, views or calls now. This listing is about 8 plus years old. It is in the Spammy Locksmith Niche.

Now if I search my business name under the auto populate I see it with Independence , KS on the listing. Keep in mind the GMB is in Matthews, NC All my service areas and the actual map show the correct areas. If you search Locksmith Matthews, NC my listing does not show up at all. If you search Locksmith Independence, KS it shows up on the maps.

What could possibly cause my listing or Google to do this? I have been without my listing for a few months now and have NO calls coming in from it.

Is there something I could do to send signals to Google to show that I am in Matthews, NC?

So to recap.
2 months ago my listing quit showing up at all unless you typed exact business name
Now all of a sudden it Only shows up in a totally different state and with exact name search .

HELP...

Yes

Teds Locksmith Service

If you type in Matthews Locksmith (No Show)
If you type in Locksmith Independence, KS it shows on the maps along with "Independece , KS" on my listing.

This listing is around 8 plus years old.

All my service areas and everything are in NC

I did chat with GMB and they will get back to me within 48 hours (Fingers crossed)

This is a Kansas SAB bug, what is the listing link, I can send this to someone at Google.

Thank you.

I did talk to GMB chat and he will get back to me within 48 hours (Hopefully)

He kept telling me it depends on prominence, distance, relevance. I think finally understood that my listing was showing for Kansas City instead of North Carolina.

PS. I have a Spam removal with Steady Demand :)

This is a Kansas SAB bug, what is the listing link, I can send this to someone at Google.
Hi Ben,

There is a query on the Google My Business Forum where an Australian Business got affect by this bug but instead of Kansas, it's Ghan NT. Also, it's "in the middle" of the country

It's the first time I heard about this bug affecting Australian Businesses.

Will the fix that Google is implementing help Australian Businesses affected as well?

GMB Forum link
Wrong location in dropdown on Google My Business - Google My Business Community

Thanks

Ben could you help me out. I have had numerous emails with Google along with a phone call. Everything is correct in their system and they suggested this.
  1. Open Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in.
  2. In the top left, click the Menu
    poeaGMx1Am3m0zH0OkEAkqv3jGJV3cnjkqH75mrrqn=w36-h36.png
  3. Click Edit the map.
  4. Choose Your opinions about Maps.
  5. To add a screenshot with your feedback, follow the instructions.
  6. Click Send.
I did this also. I did notice before I contacted Google it had " Independence, KS" next to my listing.
After my emails/calls it says "Independence, NC"

They are saying to post pics and posts to help me rank in my city. I do not understand if everything is correct in my city/area how I show up in Independence KS and nowhere in "Matthews, NC"

if you have any suggestions or someone you could ask to help I would appreciate it very much.

This is for my own business and I am literally OUT of business with this.

you can search "locksmith Independence, KS" and I am now on second page (Was first)
If you search "Locksmith Matthews, NC" I am nowhere to be found.
I have even had some customers call me from KS.

I am very familiar with this bug, please post about it on the GMB community and PM me the link, I can escalate it, include business information and a screenshot.

I had the exact same issue for a client of mine.
Their business showed up in KS when their actual business was in Indiana.
Google didnt know what to do so what i did was unhide the address (SAB) knowingly that it would suspend, then google reinstated the listing and it was fixed

Hey there,

I'm actually having the exact issue with a client of mine located in Dallas, TX. The client told me that he received a call from someone in Kansas City. Moreover, his listing all of a sudden doesn't show up anywhere within the local results but still does in the standard search results.

I'm also seeing that a SAB in New Jersey is showing up within the local search results in Dallas, TX under the same search terms that my client is targeting.

Let me know if your issue gets resolved, as I'm still researching this as well.

Best,

Daniel

I had the exact same issue for a client of mine.
Their business showed up in KS when their actual business was in Indiana.
Google didnt know what to do so what i did was unhide the address (SAB) knowingly that it would suspend, then google reinstated the listing and it was fixed
Hi,
I have the same issue. Being completely frustrated and desparepate also purposely got suspended. Hopefully it will work for me as well.

I'm having this exact same problem with a SAB client. "Born to Lead Dog Training" of Raleigh, NC is now showing up in Fawn Creek KS just like the others. He was crushing on GMB for YEARS until all of a sudden this bug kicked in and now he's nowhere (except Fawn Creek). Google has been ZERO help.

Would love your help BenFisher.

Hi Steve,
If you have a support ticket where they did not help I can escalate it for you if you make a community thread.

I'm having this exact same problem with a SAB client. "Born to Lead Dog Training" of Raleigh, NC is now showing up in Fawn Creek KS just like the others. He was crushing on GMB for YEARS until all of a sudden this bug kicked in and now he's nowhere (except Fawn Creek). Google has been ZERO help.

Would love your help BenFisher.
H
Done. I sent you a pm with the info.

Thank you!
I am JUST NOW going through the escalation process to get this issue corrected. I am concerned my listings might never get back to consistently ranking in the top 3 like I was for years.... Seems like you started the fix on this 1 month ago. Can I ask how its gone? Was your issue corrected and is your listing ranking like it was beforehand? Or is the listing performing worse than it was before the bug affected you?

Hi Steve,
If you have a support ticket where they did not help I can escalate it for you if you make a community thread.
Hello! I made a community thread on our listing. We are located in Las Vegas and have ranked on maps for years. Now it’s disappeared and it shows us ranking top 3 for carpet cleaning fawn creek Kansas City. We aren’t located there. We’ve lost a lot of business the last 2 weeks due to this. Can anyone help escalate this please? Our company name on gmb is NaturalDry Carpet Cleaning. Please see attached images. We aren’t ranking anywhere in Vegas anymore only KS where we aren’t located! Pls help - small business owner here. Here is the link to my

014AA3D8-6DEE-4D27-B99A-17B4ABFAEFCA.png

Hello! I made a community thread on our listing. We are located in Las Vegas and have ranked on maps for years. Now it’s disappeared and it shows us ranking top 3 for carpet cleaning fawn creek Kansas City. We aren’t located there. We’ve lost a lot of business the last 2 weeks due to this. Can anyone help escalate this please? Our company name on gmb is NaturalDry Carpet Cleaning. Please see attached images. We aren’t ranking anywhere in Vegas anymore only KS where we aren’t located! Pls help - small business owner here. Here is the link to my

014AA3D8-6DEE-4D27-B99A-17B4ABFAEFCA.png
Hi Will,

The way to resolve this issue is by logging into your GMB profile > click on "Support" on the left-hand side > then select "Contact Us" > Then fill in the sections by describing what you're experiencing with your business listing. From there they will call you from the number you entered during this process. Once the GMB reps say that they addressed it, it will take about a week to show up correctly in the region that you were orginally targeting in the search results.

They may even ask you to send them screen shots for reference.

Hope this helps.

1621867485427.png
1621867977610.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom