JohnnyM

Reaction score
We just had an occurrence that I found strange. A business we work with added a location 4 years ago and we added that location to GMB. We used a different phone number because that was the protocol. Last year he added a 3rd location and we did the same thing. They had 3 locations and 3 phone numbers. A phone number at location 3 was changed to location 2's number. I manually changed it back to the right number (the number was correct in the GMB dashboard). Google automatically changed the phone number at all 3 locations to the location 3 number.
Did I miss something? I am wondering if the GMB name has to be different now as well and if I can change it without getting suspended.
Any help would be appreciated.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi @JohnnyM If Google is auto-updating it they are likely finding it on a 3rd party directory somewhere on the web. Have you performed a scan to see if that's the case?

Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
I am facing somewhat the same issue. Google is replacing the call tracking numbers we are using in the primary field in GMB with the original number of the business. I guess there is no permanent solution to that till now but to keep checking and updating your phone numbers manually.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

LocalU Nov2021

Most UpVoted Answers

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom