More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Our team noticed a new feature when creating an offer type Google post where Google is allowing the user to enter a specific time of day. The feature has a toggle button so it can be turned on or off.

Anyone else seeing this? Have you tested it out yet?

gmb post offer add time.jpg

That feature has been there for as long as I can remember, though I think it previously said something like "Add event time" or "All-day event".

That feature has been there for as long as I can remember, though I think it previously said something like "Add event time" or "All-day event".
That's been true for the Event post type, but this is for an Offer post type :)

I'm pretty sure it has also been there for the Offer post type (I've had the feature built into my WordPress plugin for 2-3 years). But I won't be surprised if Google did a staged rollout on the feature like they did with other features

It's not a "only show the post a specific time of day", it's a "push the post out from time a to time b" from what I can tell.

So "show it from specifically 5pm Friday to 6am Monday", instead of "show it from 3pm-9pm this Monday through Friday".

Is that everyone else's understanding?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom