More threads by Brendan

Brendan

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm hoping to (please) borrow some of your wisdom on a reinstatement issue I've run into with a client's suspended business profile on Google.

I created a community support ticket about a week ago on Google Business Profile Help but haven't received any responses yet, so it'd be great if someone here could provide a bit of guidance. [Looking for help with profile reinstatement after no (non-automated) response from Google]

In short: after doing my due diligence and correcting any issues I could identify on the suspended business profile, I submitted a reinstatement request form. Google sent an auto-reply suggesting that I use a previous support thread to contact them - which I then did - and I haven't heard a peep from them since.

(It's been roughly a week and a half so far, so I'm not sure if I'm just being impatient.)

I feel like this should be a pretty straightforward reinstatement - my suspicion is that the business name is to blame. The business is part of a franchise and should just be named "The Garage Door Depot", but it spent many years listed as "The Garage Door Depot of Edmonton" prior to a suspension at the start of the year. Correcting the business name resulted in a successful reinstatement at that time, and - when I went to review the suspension notice this time - I noticed that the name had reverted back to its incorrect form (maybe because of a user-suggested edit?).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly, greatly appreciated! 🙏

Hi Kathleen! Thanks for your response!

Over the past year or two I've seen a few other people mention that the Google Business Profile support team is short-staffed, but I wasn't sure if that still applied since I'd been getting same-day or within-a-day responses from them for another client.

That might've just been a bit of good fortune, but it certainly makes the delay in receiving a response for this client feel that much longer! 😬

Hi Kathleen! Thanks for your response!

Over the past year or two I've seen a few other people mention that the Google Business Profile support team is short-staffed, but I wasn't sure if that still applied since I'd been getting same-day or within-a-day responses from them for another client.

That might've just been a bit of good fortune, but it certainly makes the delay in receiving a response for this client feel that much longer! 😬

Definitely understandable! They used to be so much quicker. Like Ben said its taking about 15 days to get a response. Ill cross my fingers for you!

It is taking about 15 days to get a response from Google at

Super useful to have that as a benchmark, thanks for sharing.

If you don't mind me asking, I have a couple of follow-up questions about that timeline (which might also be helpful for anyone else who finds themselves in this situation):
  1. Does the estimated 15 day response time refer to general calendar days or just business days?
  2. Once 15+ days have passed with no response, what are the recommended next steps?
Sorry if I'm being too pedantic here - I just feel like it makes more sense to be proactive or at least aware of whatever comes next instead of idly waiting and then feeling like I'm back at square one if I don't receive a response from Google. 😣

The timeline is in business days.
If no response then you reach out to Google support with a question.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom