More threads by Nikki Stine

Reaction score
In light of the recent ranking emphasis on open hours, a client asked me if they can list separate hours for their online store (open 24/7) vs their brick and mortar store?

Their main, operational hours would stay the same. But do the separate hours allowed for ‘Online Service Hours’ make sense for an online store?

I’m not looking to game the system, but just thought I’d ask for thoughts here.

Their main, operational hours would stay the same. But do the separate hours allowed for ‘Online Service Hours’ make sense for an online store?

I think that is an example of what the "onsite service hours" are designed for. Just make sure someone will answer the phone during those hours as well.

I think that is an example of what the "onsite service hours" are designed for. Just make sure someone will answer the phone during those hours as well.

Thank you, but I'm unsure what you mean by 'onsite service hours.' Is that a 'more hours' classification for certain categories?

I've attached a screenshot of the 'more hours' options I see for this client. It's the online service hours I'm curious about. Are you thinking they should also be able to answer the phone during the 'online service hours?'

online service hours.jpg

I always assumed that "online hours" were for services such as therapists that may offer remote appointment in addition to regular in-person ones. A purely online business (e.g. an e-commerce business) is not supposed to be on Google Maps. Google specifically states that "
Brands, organizations, artists, and other online-only businesses" are ineligible for GBPs

I've been wondering this as well! Would be curious if anyone has tested it and seen any impact because we have a few clients (i.e. a candle store that is both physical and sells online) that it could make sense for...

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom