More threads by dgrunited

dgrunited

Solutions
Reaction score
Introduction:
This is a Search Campaign Google Ads question. It has got nothing to do with running ads from within GBP.

Simple Question:
Is there an optimal number of keywords that is recommended for a Search Campaign?

The Full Story:
I've got 97 keywords in my Search Campaign. All keywords have got at least 1 click in the last 30 days. I make it a point to pause any keyword with 0 clicks every 15 days. My Average Cost Per Click is $1.24. My daily budget is $36. I've got 3 Ad Groups inside this Campaign.

Back To The "Simple" Question.
Am I having too many / too few keywords? Is there any way to calculate the optimal number of keywords I should be having? Is there some metrics provided by Google that I should be looking at to make an informed decision on this matter?

Thank You.

Note:
I've seen quite a number of articles that dish out their own prescribed number. However, none of them seem to have a scientific justification for their numbers. Many of these articles are also being recycled from one website to another. Therefore, I can't take such advice seriously.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say there is no magical number. We've had ad groups with 1 keyword in them before. The danger of having too many keywords in the same ad group is that the ad text no longer becomes as relevant. Usually the more relevant, the better. Use things like click-through-rate and quality score as a guide for keywords that might need their own ad group.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say there is no magical number. We've had ad groups with 1 keyword in them before. The danger of having too many keywords in the same ad group is that the ad text no longer becomes as relevant. Usually the more relevant, the better. Use things like click-through-rate and quality score as a guide for keywords that might need their own ad group.

Thank you🙏 Joy.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom