More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
A colleague of mine pointed this out to me. Has anyone come across a pack at the bottom of the SERP before?

pack at the bottom.png

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="Has anyone come across a pack at the bottom of the SERP before?">
<meta property="og:image" content="http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/attachments/google-local/1798d1405113046t-pack-bottom-pack-bottom.png">

pack at the bottom.png

Now that's weird.

If anything, you'd think "headstones" would be at the head of the SERPs.

Haha it's Friday and I'm slap happy. :p

Thanks for sharing Colan!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ji-cT58rgNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Nice one Linda!!

I see it too. Looks like testing. They removed authorship photos to reduce distractions from the ads, and maybe they're considering the same for the local pack. I hope not!

Or Yelp's new squawking with that leaked presentation is making them think they should make local less prominent? Hope not that either.

Leaked presentation?

Local has been weird for me lately. Lots of partials going on.

Showing up for city but not city state, vice versa. Showing up for a few keywords but not for others that are very similar ie showing up for painting company but not painting.

This may just be normal and I'm just being barraged with local issues lately. I don't know.

I think Darren et al are correct that it is a test bucket, as I just did several searches and the pack was the top result for all of them. Poor neighborhood ranking and the pack at the bottom as local SERP experiments does not fill me with confidence in the Goog.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom