More threads by socialadsintexas

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the Google Ads World and am helping a friend with his Tire & wheel store (not e-commerce) and I created a campaign, not knowing what type of campaign to use, using Performance Max. I was told by an expert that I shuld have selected the Google Search Ads Campaign targeted toward leads instead. Is this accurate? When or why would I want to use the performance max type campaign. For the time being, I DID switch to the Google Ads Search for Leads. However, I am trying to understand when I should use in case I should use a different type of campaign in the future.

Goal is to come up in searches on Google...

Thanks for your help!

Erica

The advice you received is true. Think of Performance Max as a supplement to your Search campaigns. Your Performance Max campaigns will be more effective from learning from your Search campaigns.

The biggest pro of a Performance Max campaign is that it allows you to create ads across all Google channels in one setup (YouTube, Display, Search, Discover, Gmail, Maps). You provide the assets (headlines, images, videos), and Google generates the ads based on user intent and platform.

The biggest con of a Performance Max campaign is data transparency. Unlike your Search campaigns, you cannot see what assets are performing/underperforming. There is no search keyword report and the only way to add negative keywords for your Performance Max campaign is at the Account level (and it is capped at 1,000 keywords).

Hope this information is helpful!

The advice you received is true. Think of Performance Max as a supplement to your Search campaigns. Your Performance Max campaigns will be more effective from learning from your Search campaigns.

The biggest pro of a Performance Max campaign is that it allows you to create ads across all Google channels in one setup (YouTube, Display, Search, Discover, Gmail, Maps). You provide the assets (headlines, images, videos), and Google generates the ads based on user intent and platform.

The biggest con of a Performance Max campaign is data transparency. Unlike your Search campaigns, you cannot see what assets are performing/underperforming. There is no search keyword report and the only way to add negative keywords for your Performance Max campaign is at the Account level (and it is capped at 1,000 keywords).

Hope this information is helpful!

Got it! I will stick to my Search campaigns.:)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom