More threads by mikepcservice

Well guys, here's a major twist to the local citations listings. I tried listing on Super pages just now but there wasn't an option so I contacted their support. The agent showed me live in his scan that some of my listings which I had done weeks ago was not showing up. He said it's up to each site when, if and what info they wish to display.

I had thought that once you register the site then it would be displayed and that's that.

He said that they have a software which costs $59 per month which will right away have your site show on all 70 local citations but if you cancel then you would be left up to the mercy of the bots and whatever else which can change your info. Yext charges around $200 per year for this same service.

Either way guys so if this agent's info is accurate, I am wondering if I should even bother going through all of the work and effort to list on the 70 sites knowing there is a 50/50 chance the site won't be displayed?

Well guys, here's a major twist to the local citations listings. I tried listing on Super pages just now but there wasn't an option so I contacted their support. The agent showed me live in his scan that some of my listings which I had done weeks ago was not showing up. He said it's up to each site when, if and what info they wish to display.

I had thought that once you register the site then it would be displayed and that's that.

He said that they have a software which costs $59 per month which will right away have your site show on all 70 local citations but if you cancel then you would be left up to the mercy of the bots and whatever else which can change your info. Yext charges around $200 per year for this same service.

Either way guys so if this agent's info is accurate, I am wondering if I should even bother going through all of the work and effort to list on the 70 sites knowing there is a 50/50 chance the site won't be displayed?

I will NEVER subscribe to Yext or other citation services who will not give me full control of my citations. There are better ways to spend money than paying those subscriptions.

I have 3 suggestions for you:

1. Manually Build your Citations/Listings. This is a grind, but will only cost your time. Here is a list of articles to know where to start:

2. Pay Citation Builder services that will not OWN your listings. I used Bright Local from the past. They will set up an email that they will use to register for different citations. They will provide the login info for that email address. Also, they will give you the ways they were able to make the citation (either the website does not require making an account or what username and password they used). I know Whitespark and Moz Local has them too, but others can chime in on how their services work.

3. Place "Building Citations" in the last of your priority. Except for those High-Value websites. You will know if they are valuable if (1) they can show in your Branded SERP, (2) if they are used by other high-value sites/services (Example is Yelp which is used by Apple Maps), (3) Niche directories where potential customers usually get information of vendors.

After reading the articles below, I doubt that Mid-Low Value Listings make a significant improvement for Local SEO:

Thank you very much for all of the above. To clarify I can manually list on every one of those 50 sites listed in the Brightlocal site and that should be it for local citations?

Thank you very much for all of the above. To clarify I can manually list on every one of those 50 sites listed in the Brightlocal site and that should be it for local citations?

Bright Local will make the listings for you. (Just to be clear, I am not an endorser/employee of BL - and was just happy with my past experience). Your part is to pay and wait (it took 4 days for the majority and 12 days to complete. You can also follow up with them using a form and they got back to me fast).

They will make listings on what they consider their highest-quality rated sites. They guarantee the number of sites you paid for - so if you paid for 50 listings but they weren't successful for 5, they will look for the 5 next high-quality sites and complete the 50 listings. Included also is if you already have listings but with inaccurate NAP, they will fix some for you.

However, if you want to do it manually - you can do so as well.

I may not have explained everything, but I recommend you attend their free demo Get A Free Live Demo Of BrightLocal's Tools & Services | BrightLocal

You can ask questions from them. FYI - you can avail just their Citation Builder without paying for their full service.

------------------
Is that it for local citations? I would say not - but I will put it in low priority. Whenever you have extra time. It's good to also know Niche Citations that may apply to your business or upcoming ones that may show in your Branded SERP.

My friend got this email from Yelp below. I am thinking they are trying to make him pay for a listing but I know of other service providers who don't have a physical location who have been on Yelp for years without any issues?

Hi,

We are writing you to let you know that we have removed AG Electrical Services Inc from Yelp Search and your access to that page because it does not appear to meet our business page guidelines.

Yelp is primarily intended for the review of local consumer oriented businesses. Generally if a business has a primarily online-oriented service, does not have a verifiable physical location, is not primarily a consumer facing business, or is direct-sales or multi-level marketing oriented, it will not appear in our directory and will not be eligible for a Business Account. Visit our Support Center for more info: What are the guidelines for adding a business to Yelp? | Support Center | Yelp

I've seen that happen before. Does the business have a website?

yes it has a site and is a registered legit licensed and insured business just that he is an onsite heating repair tech so does not have need for storefront place of business. I have written to their Support, waiting on their answer.

If that doesn't work, you might try submitting again and make sure the profile is complete, add photos, etc.

The profile was totally complete with his full address so that was not the issue. I am thinking it's an attempt to get paid listings

Ok moving on. I am trying to do HubSpot next but according to their page here:

If you're a member of HubSpot's Partner Program or an agency that's inbound certified, you can create a profile with your company information to share publicly on HubSpot's Agency Directoryand make it easy for HubSpot customers to find you.

is there a way for me to add the business listings without the above requirements please?

Also, the attached screenshot shows what I am seeing on Super Pages. Is that the only info which shows for FREE listings?

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 7.48.03 AM.png

Facing similar issue, I contacted their support and they created the listing for me so you can try that.

Just got this from Yelp but that's hogwash as my other client who is a service provider without a storefront has many Yelp reviews and has been on there for years now. This is a ploy in my opinion to subscribe:

Hi Mike,

Yelp is primarily intended for the review of local consumer oriented businesses. Generally if the "business" is a provider of a service, they are not eligible to be listed on Yelp and typically only the local business itself can be listed.

Hey guys, if I were to remove my friend's street address from all of his local citations listings, will that cause any problems? Especially for Apple Maps, Google Maps and Mapquest?

Since he is an onsite heating technician so no need to have a storefront he would not like to have his house street address being displayed online anywhere.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom