More threads by Roger Panella

Reaction score
I have an issue with a client's address in Google+ that I thought I'd post here to get some advice. Here's what's going on:

- The client uses a floor number in their address. (In case it's relevant, the floor number actually has a letter, too: 3e)

- Because that's the client's preferred choice of address, I've tried to go with it, but Google+ will not display "Floor 3E." I tried a call and the person I talked to said it should work, but it doesn't.

- All of their citations use the floor number. Everything matches exactly (or will once I finish editing them), except that the floor number is added to all citations.

- To make things more complicated, the client is a mortgage lender in a large bank that has the same address (and it's own G+ page). Because of the practitioner changes, I figure it's ok for him to have his own page, but thought the floor # might be good to differentiate the two listings. (Note: They don't have a floor number in their address on G+, either.)

The solution I'm thinking about is this: Remove the floor number from the client's website and all citations. While this would then mean he'd share an exact address with his bank, at least all NAP information will line up across G+, his site, and his citations.

Of course, that would be dependent on him being ok with removing the floor on his site.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on whether or not that's the best course of action. And, of course, open to any other ideas as well!

It's OK for multiple businesses to be at the exact same address, provided that mail and customers can find your client.

Don't worry about little discrepancies in the address:

Top Local SEO Myths | LocalVisibilitySystem.com

If your client represents himself in the offline world as being at Floor 3E, he's on terra firma by using that address online. All you can do - and should do - is enter the address as consistently as possible from site to site. Emphasis on "as possible."

Thanks for the information, as well as the link, Phil. Appreciate it!

That's good to know that I don't need to get too worried about a minor discrepancy like that. The only reason I was concerned is that it was the Google+ page itself that was omitting the floor. But, it seems that if the street number, business name, and phone number are consistent, maybe I'll be ok.

Thanks again.

Roger it also may not be an issue of Google not liking the floor in the address. If we're talking the G+ Business dashboard, many of us have had problems even getting regular suites to stick.

Sure thing, Roger.

Yeah, all you can do with the Google page is make sure you've entered the full address. Google will digest it as they will.

Roger it also may not be an issue of Google not liking the floor in the address. If we're talking the G+ Business dashboard, many of us have had problems even getting regular suites to stick.

Thanks, Linda. I appreciate that piece of info. I've never had to deal with a suite number not sticking, so just automatically assumed my issue was due to 'floor' being a less-common address component.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom