Niki Gross

Reaction score
I'm curious how others are handling their responses to reviews that were posted in March, but have been held back by GMB for the last 2 months. Are you including a message in your response as to why there is a delay in the owner/company response? If so, are you willing to share examples?

turrem

Reaction score
I'm curious how others are handling their responses to reviews that were posted in March, but have been held back by GMB for the last 2 months. Are you including a message in your response as to why there is a delay in the owner/company response? If so, are you willing to share examples?

For my customers, I am replying to those reviews without making reference to the delay. You might be able to explain that 'due to COVID-19' we were not able to respond sooner, however, I am not sure that would add much value. 🤷🏽‍♂️

nmosier85

Reaction score
As Turrem said, I don't think there is much value in adding that there was a delay in response due to Covid-19. However, if you were always very quick to respond prior to that, then maybe there is some value? I think just prioritizing getting responses to those reviews is a good idea.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djcoppedge Removing/Responding to Inaccurate Reviews in Healthcare Local Reviews 1
Noelle Leahy Does responding to Google reviews in Dental Industry break Patient Confidentiality? Marketing 11
Cagro Third parties responding as owners to Google reviews Local Reviews 5
djbaxter Google: Tips for responding to reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Remove Negative Google Reviews By Responding??? Don't Hide your Head in the Sand Local Reviews 0
Ray Litvak Respond to Negative Review(s) Local Reviews 5
eestrada234 Yelp Photo For Responding to Reviews for Multi-location Local Search 0
eestrada234 Responding to Reviews from same IP address Consultant's Corner 4
Ray Litvak Trouble Responding to Reviews Local Reviews 17
Chris Ratchford Confused about Google Reviews and responding to reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Andrew Forster Question about responding to reviews Local Search 6
Colan Nielsen Can't Respond To Reviews? Local Reviews 0
grantbrott Respond To Review Not Showing Local Reviews 5
Colan Nielsen Responding To Reviews on Merchant Circle Citations 3
M Unable to Respond to Google Reviews - New Bug? Local Reviews 5
T Responding to Reviews and the Local Algo Local Search 3
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Niki Gross Responding to Questions & Answers Google My Business & Google Maps 1
JoyHawkins Issue With Responding to Q&A on Google My Business Google My Business & Google Maps 23
Don Archer Google business listing with 482 Real Review Missing. How do I get them back? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Nikki Stine Are negative Google reviews due to supply shortages considered 'off-topic'? Local Reviews 2
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
JoyHawkins Reviews Not Publishing Local Reviews 10
NevenaIvanova Removing off-topic reviews posted before the business started operation Local Reviews 8
Phil Rozek Google Maps reviews get "New" label for reviews less than 1 month old Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Get Custom Responses to Online Reviews Local Reviews 3
Barb Davids Review restriction for dentists in AU? Local Reviews 3
W Is it possible to remove reviews on GMB? Local Reviews 4
D Spam Fighting With Reviews Spam on Google 7
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 4
E Review Spammer Help & Support for Google Local 2
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
Greg Bernhardt Why some categories show review snippet and some don't? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
DangGood GMB showing 2 Review sections at Zero Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Oliver Keates BBC - "Man to pay £25,000 damages over negative TrustPilot review" Local Search 6
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
swmaher Competitor Buying Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google rule for collecting reviews from a dedicated tablet inside a store ? Local Reviews 8
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
R Facebook reviews dropped to 0; Google filtering reviews temporarily? Local Reviews 2
A Diminishing Returns on Number of Reviews? Local Reviews 6
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Webinar The State of Online Reviews in 2021 - January 14th at 2pm EST Events 0
C Review attributes gone missing Local Reviews 1
abbiebeltran Disgruntled former employee leaves 9 1-star reviews and counting on GMB listing Local Reviews 5