More threads by Ryan Steinolfson

Reaction score
Hello,

Is anyone experiencing this?
....To where all Google Reviews are now showing the name of the reviewer listed as "A Google User"
All of our reviews are listed this way.
2019-01-08_13-18-35.png

Thanks,
Crystal :)

@CrystalH, I'm not seeing "A Google User," so the bug theory seems accurate.

As you may know, many Google reviews that predated Google+ were attributed to "A Google User" a number of years ago. But the reviews you showed were recent, so those two phenomena probably don't overlap.

@CrystalH, I'm not seeing "A Google User," so the bug theory seems accurate.

As you may know, many Google reviews that predated Google+ were attributed to "A Google User" a number of years ago. But the reviews you showed were recent, so those two phenomena probably don't overlap.

Phil, thank you!

I just left a review for a vendor I use and appreciate and my own review showed up as "a google user". Ugh.

Has to be a bug. I left several personal reviews this weekend that initially showed up as 'A Google User' but now I see that they have resolved to my name as the user. Pretty annoying at first though.

Has to be a bug. I left several personal reviews this weekend that initially showed up as 'A Google User' but now I see that they have resolved to my name as the user. Pretty annoying at first though.

Thanks, @Joe Mink. After reading your reply I went back and checked and indeed, now it displays my name. What an odd bug!

PS - That review I was leaving was for @Marie Haynes and her wonderful SEO newsletter. Well worth the modest price I pay for the subscription to the "paid subscribers" version.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom