Chris Ratchford

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been brainstorming about how to find out which of you customers (or patients) are active on review sites and where.

I'm working on a questionnaire for my dentist clients to give to their patients.

The objective is to take a more proactive approach to the SMB's online reputation. I envision the client asking each customer/patient to fill out a short questionnaire about their online habits. This would be optional and shouldn't come across as forcing customers/patients to participate.

The client would note any customer/patient who's an active reviewer and if that customer fit the SMB's happy customer profile, then they'd ask the customer for a review.

This would help with sites like Yelp that filter reviews of light users. If you have a customer who's a Yelper, then make sure you build rapport and later ask for a review.

By no means do I think a SMB should try to compensate, but it helps to know who's active in the review world.

I'm curious to hear what others think. Would something like this work? (Don't be afraid to poo-poo it!)
skitch.png

skitch.png

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Chris I think that's an awesome idea in general.

Thank you SO much for sharing it with the community!
I'm anxious to hear their feedback.

I'll take another look tonight when I have more time and see if I have anything to add.

Thanks again!!!

mborgelt

Reaction score
I also think that this is an excellent idea.

When clients have questions about building reviews I usually ask them these same questions. Most specifically, I want to know if they are an active reviewer.

As we all know, being an active reviewer is important for these sites when it comes to showing the reviews. And like you said, especially with Yelp.
Personally, I've been experimenting with Yelp to see how many reviews I need to have before they start appearing. (Actually, I think I'll post a thread asking this)

Back to your Questionnaire,,, I don't have anything in mind to add it, as I feel simplicity is absolutely important. I can see the value of the Dentist contacting the patient asking for a review with a specific directory/site. I would be curious to know how successful this is once you apply it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Garrett Sussman 3 Strategies For Prospecting Online Review Management Clients Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Mapping the Local Online Review Strategy That Every B2B Needs Local Reviews 9
Garrett Sussman 6 Sites to Target: What's Your Agency's Online Review Strategy? Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Get More Reviews: How to Craft a Review Management Strategy for Your Clients Local Reviews 2
L What strategies do you use to increase customer reviews on your client's Google page? Local Reviews 8
CodyBaird Frequency of Google Reviews & Complete Review Strategy in a Nutshell Local Reviews 7
Linda Buquet Pigeon Strategy :: Local Voice Search :: Google Review Tips :: Local Influencers Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Rock Solid & Simple Google Review Strategy Local Reviews 25
Dustybones Local Reviews Strategy: Mobile vs. Desktop - Phil Rozek Local Reviews 5
Linda Buquet Perfect Local Review Strategy - Phil Rozek Local Reviews 0
Linda Buquet Dynamite Google Review Funnel Strategy - Video Local Reviews 10
JoyHawkins Reviews Not Publishing Local Reviews 5
NevenaIvanova Removing off-topic reviews posted before the business started operation Local Reviews 8
Phil Rozek Google Maps reviews get "New" label for reviews less than 1 month old Local Reviews 5
JoyHawkins Get Custom Responses to Online Reviews Local Reviews 3
Barb Davids Review restriction for dentists in AU? Local Reviews 3
W Is it possible to remove reviews on GMB? Local Reviews 4
D Spam Fighting With Reviews Spam on Google 7
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 4
E Review Spammer Help & Support for Google Local 2
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
Greg Bernhardt Why some categories show review snippet and some don't? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
DangGood GMB showing 2 Review sections at Zero Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Oliver Keates BBC - "Man to pay £25,000 damages over negative TrustPilot review" Local Search 6
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
swmaher Competitor Buying Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google rule for collecting reviews from a dedicated tablet inside a store ? Local Reviews 8
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
R Facebook reviews dropped to 0; Google filtering reviews temporarily? Local Reviews 2
A Diminishing Returns on Number of Reviews? Local Reviews 6
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Webinar The State of Online Reviews in 2021 - January 14th at 2pm EST Events 0
C Review attributes gone missing Local Reviews 1
abbiebeltran Disgruntled former employee leaves 9 1-star reviews and counting on GMB listing Local Reviews 5
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Review Schema Mark up and Google My Business Reviews Local Search 4
Professor M No Reviews on Local Packs for Car Wash Category in Different Countries Google My Business & Google Maps 1
rickvidallon Delay in Seeing New Reviews Postings Dec 2020 Local Reviews 2
nathangdavidson Anyone noticing reviews not being added to profiles? Local Reviews 5
Antonio 4500 plus reviews suspended for a 26-year-old hotel business. Local Reviews 17
Chris Ratchford Yelp won't remove a review from a rude reviewer Local Reviews 15
D Promote Reviews to Practice's Main GMB Profiles or Individual Doctors' GMB Profiles Local Reviews 1
jeff_taylor GMB Removes Reviews from Local Pack Local Search 0
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
rayrober Missing Reviews Local Reviews 10
P Replying to All GMB Reviews: Rank Impact? Local Reviews 8