More threads by HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm having an issue where I am using a review generation tool, and when my client went to leave a review on FB, the review did not show up. Everyone is aware of the filters on Yelp and Google, but, does FB filter suspicious reviews? This is the first I have heard of it (though, honestly, I so rarely hear anyone concerned about FB reviews).

What other reasons would cause the FB review not to show up?

Could you private message me the link to reviews page/fb link .

Hey @HoosierBuff

I'm not aware of a review filter for Facebook. Does this business have other reviews showing? It's possible that they have the ratings option turned off...

Hi, I don't know if it helps, but I noticed that sometimes Facebook reviews show up the next day. I don't know if it's just me or what. I'm talking about new reviews.

Reactions: Jac
I've never heard of Facebook filtering reviews. Was it just one review or did this happen multiple times?

When logged into the page, do you see the recommendation/review at all? Where does it appear?

I think I'm on to something here:

1. I sent a review request via SMS
2. I clicked thru, and it asked me to login to FB (safari), but, I clicked on the option to go to the FB app
3. I logged in to the FB app, and interestingly, it offers the 1 to 5 star interface, not the recommendation that you see on the desktop
4. I left a review, it does not appear (however, when I did this same excercise yesterday and logged into safari, it did ask for a recommendation, and it did post my review).

So, I'm wondering if this is an issue with the FB app.

It sounds to me that the review generation tool is deep linking to the old pre ratings URL.

Try saving/updating your Facebook profile in the software and see if that helps. If it doesn’t reach out to your platform provider for a fix.

It sounds to me that the review generation tool is deep linking to the old pre ratings URL.

Try saving/updating your Facebook profile in the software and see if that helps. If it doesn’t reach out to your platform provider for a fix.

TRUE

Review system is changed recently. I can confirm it.

I have updated the URL, and maybe that will fix it. I will try (odd, because it worked fine for me, but, it did not work for my client).

WEIRDER: the FB recommendations were coming through as FB visitor posts. . . which I totally thought was user error, but, I watched them do it, and it was not.

I will post back when I hear if this worked.

• Wow
Hi I am having the same issue. My recent client review is not showing up , though my client shared me the image what she wrote? Wrote couple of time to FB help but no response. Also the number of review count is less as shown next to review rating. Any help is appreciated.

Hi I am having the same issue. My recent client review is not showing up , though my client shared me the image what she wrote? Wrote couple of time to FB help but no response. Also the number of review count is less as shown next to review rating. Any help is appreciated.
Unfortunately, this is a known issue that Facebook has not given an ETA for resolution on. Something broke when they switched from star reviews to the current "recommend" or "does not recommend" review system they're using now.

I've put in several help requests, asked support in other departments when I've had a live person to speak with, and have contacted them every way possible and have yet to hear anything back at all, really. It's surprising, you'd think this would be important to them as it is critical to their advertisers, but they either don't know how to resolve it or do not have it prioritized.

We are keeping an eye on this, and will update as soon as we know more, but it has been ongoing for several years now, so I'm not optimistic about a resolution any time soon. I'm sorry I don't have better information for you!

Hi there! My father had this issue with his business. I tried for a while to fix this to no avail BUT eventually found a simple fix!!

This may not fix everyone's issue, but with the new update, reviews are defaulted to only be shared with "friends" of the reviewer. So we had to share a message with anyone that we asked to leave honest feedback with and asked them to change the audience from "friends" to "public" and this solved the issue!

Hi there! My father had this issue with his business. I tried for a while to fix this to no avail BUT eventually found a simple fix!!

This may not fix everyone's issue, but with the new update, reviews are defaulted to only be shared with "friends" of the reviewer. So we had to share a message with anyone that we asked to leave honest feedback with and asked them to change the audience from "friends" to "public" and this solved the issue!

Thanks for the suggestion! This absolutely helps with reviews that get published -unfortunately, there seems to be a large number of reviews that never make it this far. Here's hoping for better news in 2022!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom