Reaction score
or both?

I have come across a few posts that forecast Google potentially giving more weight to social signals in 2014. What do "social signals" look like to Google? The amount of +1's for an individual business page or for a piece of content? The number of circles a G plusser is in or how engaged that person is? FB likes or FB post likes or FB reviews? I actually just overwhelmed myself with all the possible social signals:confused:

I would also like to get opinions/thoughts in regards to which G+ page is more important to share from- the personal profile or the business page? Or both?

Best,

Amber

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Great questions Amber.

I don't consider myself an expert in social per se so don't have an opinion, but am anxious to hear what other members have to say.

Off to tweet this Q now to see if we can get some play.

Ben Bowen

Reaction score
I am not an "expert" by any means- just read a lot.

I think that when G finally figures out how to integrate social signals into the algorithm in a meaningful way it will primarily be through G+. I think that they can/will use Twitter and FB to surface viral content, but not to judge the viability of a local business. G+, on the other hand, is built to help them do that. Mark Traphegan's great post on the way that G+ profiles gain authority is enlightening: How Google Plus Profiles & Pages Gain Search Authority

I personally use both my personal profile and business page. I don't want to ignore the business page, but find that I get much more interaction from my personal profile.

Just my 2 cents- hopefully some real experts chime in!

Reaction score
Thanks, Ben!

Expert or not, I appreciate hearing other Local SEO's thoughts and opinions.

We try to emphasize the importance of utilizing both pages, personal and business, but find it difficult not to post similar content and "time consuming". (I'll get the cheese to go with that whine;))

Thanks, again, for the link to that post. Interesting that a post Mark re-shared would outrank the original post. Especially considering the difference in their followers!!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
BekahBerry Multiple service providers with separate books of business, sharing one office, under one company name - What is the best approach to avoid filtering? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 7
MatGee Multiple Practitioners at Medical Office, Is It Possible To Share Reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Greg Bernhardt Sharing reviews between very similar products? Organic SEO 4
M Virtual Shared Space Listings Suddenly Suspended Multi-Location Issues 2
DanielTexasLira Has anyone done Local SEO on a Dual Pad Hotel (two different hotel brands sharing the same location)? Local Search 6
NevenaIvanova Can shared phone number lead to listing suspension? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
LocalSEODat Thinking of Saving Costs by Not Leasing 2 Local Offices in Vancouver & Toronto for Shared Office Space Google My Business & Google Maps 9
R Two Local Businesses Share One Address Local Search 3
sixthcitysarah For those in doubt...thought I would share this win Spam on Google 1
R Trends we're seeing (thought I’d share) Local Search 1
freerunr Share Location Group ID? (GMB Agency account question) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Thompsonpaul Access to account blocked due to "network sharing device/proxy". Contact Us Messages 1
M Sharing the Exact Same Address As Another GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
E Shared Medical Office Suite Google My Business & Google Maps 10
ChloeButterfill Share your favorite free Local SEO tools Local SEO Tools & Software 42
Belen C Listing sharing almost the same name Google My Business & Google Maps 8
djbaxter Social sharing a specific post in a thread How To Guides 4
djbaxter Editing a thread to show a large post image in social sharing How To Guides 0
P Affiliate Sites sharing locations in GMB Local Search 2
JoyHawkins Social Sharing Photos Admin Stuff 11
PaulSteinbrueck Local search engine market share? Local Search 9
Cherie Dickey Two businesses sharing space against Google's standards? Local Search 4
Garrett Sussman The Rules of Sharing Reviews in the Legal Industry Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman How To Share Online Reviews Proactively Using Social Media Local Reviews 2
PaulSteinbrueck Local Search Market Share? Local Search 0
Tim Colling Is it still worth it to share content to Google+ ? Local Search 11
M Investing in shares true payment evidence Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet 9 Local SEO Experts Share 1 Secret to Local Search Success - Search Engine Journal Consultant's Corner 2
I how to buy shares in stock market Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter Linda: Twitter sharing problem? Admin Stuff 2
Tim Colling Screen Sharing tools - What do you recommend? Local Search 1
Durandl Beauty salon and chiropractor sharing the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 5
F Sharing The Same Phone Number? Local Search 3
JoyHawkins 34 Experts Share Their #1 Actionable Local SEO Tip Local Search 4
JordanJCaron Account Sharing Consultant's Corner 5
Linda Buquet Experts Share Tips: How to Optimize your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet 73 SEO Experts Share Penguin Penalty Removal Tips Organic SEO 3
djbaxter Accessing the Forum and Sharing Posts on Mobile Devices Forum Tech Support 2
M Does adding a suite # for businesses sharing the same address solve NAP issue? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M Multiple Businesses Sharing The Same Location Help & Support for Google Local 3
JoyHawkins 15 Local SEO Experts Share Their Hacks Local Search 9
Linda Buquet 90 SEO Experts Share their Best White Hat Link Building Tips - Ahrefs Blog Organic SEO 2
Dustybones The Google Scoring Engine: Assigning Rank to Social Signals and the People that Share Local Search 3
djbaxter Floating Share Bar Admin Stuff 3
CaseyMeraz 20 Local SEO Nerds Share Strategy Tips Local Search 1
Linda Buquet 40 Experts Share 120 Local Search Tips Local Search 3
MichaelW Another business sharing same details Help & Support for Google Local 8
Linda Buquet 2015 Local Citations Survey Results are In - 22 Leaders Share Insights Citations 0
Linda Buquet Review Gif - Share their Best Google Reviews in a Gif in a Jiffy! Local Reviews 9
Linda Buquet POLL: Share Your Top New Year Wishes for Google Local in 2015 - VOTE! Google My Business & Google Maps 11