More threads by Amber Robinson

Reaction score
or both?

I have come across a few posts that forecast Google potentially giving more weight to social signals in 2014. What do "social signals" look like to Google? The amount of +1's for an individual business page or for a piece of content? The number of circles a G plusser is in or how engaged that person is? FB likes or FB post likes or FB reviews? I actually just overwhelmed myself with all the possible social signals:confused:

I would also like to get opinions/thoughts in regards to which G+ page is more important to share from- the personal profile or the business page? Or both?

Best,

Amber

Great questions Amber.

I don't consider myself an expert in social per se so don't have an opinion, but am anxious to hear what other members have to say.

Off to tweet this Q now to see if we can get some play.

I am not an "expert" by any means- just read a lot.

I think that when G finally figures out how to integrate social signals into the algorithm in a meaningful way it will primarily be through G+. I think that they can/will use Twitter and FB to surface viral content, but not to judge the viability of a local business. G+, on the other hand, is built to help them do that. Mark Traphegan's great post on the way that G+ profiles gain authority is enlightening: How Google Plus Profiles & Pages Gain Search Authority

I personally use both my personal profile and business page. I don't want to ignore the business page, but find that I get much more interaction from my personal profile.

Just my 2 cents- hopefully some real experts chime in!

Thanks, Ben!

Expert or not, I appreciate hearing other Local SEO's thoughts and opinions.

We try to emphasize the importance of utilizing both pages, personal and business, but find it difficult not to post similar content and "time consuming". (I'll get the cheese to go with that whine;))

Thanks, again, for the link to that post. Interesting that a post Mark re-shared would outrank the original post. Especially considering the difference in their followers!!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom