More threads by Hunter23

Hunter23

Reaction score
I have a business in a city but there is no 3 pack for typical search keywords. Is it worth even creating a GMB if there is no local pack, or will my business being the only one make it show up? There is at least one other competitor in the serp. And what is necessary before Google will show a local pack?

Yes. Absolutely. The number of queries that trigger a 3-pack has expanded - way expanded - over the years. What doesn't trigger a 3-pack today may trigger one next year. Also, you want a way for people who search for your business by name to see reviews, and the impossible-to-miss local knowledge panel shows them your Google reviews.

Also, in many cases you can get a one-box result.

Ah yes that makes sense. My competitor has the one-box result, so maybe it'll kick that off and make a local pack. Thanks!

Yes. Absolutely. The number of queries that trigger a 3-pack has expanded - way expanded - over the years. What doesn't trigger a 3-pack today may trigger one next year. Also, you want a way for people who search for your business by name to see reviews, and the impossible-to-miss local knowledge panel shows them your Google reviews.

Also, in many cases you can get a one-box result.

This ^^^

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom