More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I have seen a number of cases lately where social media icons are turning up on GMB profiles - you can see this in a number of profiles and it's been reported on here on the Forum at least once in the past month or so. However, I haven't been able to provoke them to appear on any of the GMB profiles that I manage.

So what's the "recipe" to get them to work?

It used to be that you needed to use well-written schema code on the website that included the social media URLs using the "sameAs" property in the Organization or localBusiness schema types. That worked for me and my clients, years ago. Then eventually, Google made them all disappear.

I still have well-formed schema code on my websites that includes that same information as before. Still not seeing the icons, and yet, I see that they appear for other businesses in the same primary category with the same schema notation.

So what is the "recipe"? For once, I don't think "it's in the Guide". I looked.

Thanks!

Do you link to them from the website? If so, I don't know what else you can do other than use sameAs schema and wait.

@Tim Colling have you discovered anything new on this topic? I have some businesses that are just stuck with a lone Twitter icon.

2019-12-02_0558.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom