More threads by Tim Colling

If you are creating a new GMB location and you have twenty photos to upload for it, would you:

• Upload them all at once

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Upload them one or two at a time over a number of days

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
If you are creating a new GMB location listing and you have twenty photos to upload for it, which would you do?

And if you have an opinion, do you have actual test information as grounding for it, or just "a hunch"?

Hi, i would upload all in once. I will space it, for example two per week. Maybe cause is a new listing, the first time i will upload 5. But after (considering that is 20 photos) i would upload 2. For Google is a way of showing you are "working on the listing and paying attention to it". I know that uploading 1 picture or 20 at the same time is the same.

I didn't actually make a test, but a person from Google recommended to do it like this. This is how i do it for the listings that i don't have a lot of pictures.

Hi Tim! I think it´s almost impossible to get any reliable data on how this effects anything. If you have 20 photos I would upload them within a couple of days (like post 4 every other day) to show Google you're active. I'd treat it kinda like publishing blog posts - if you publish them all at once you're not getting as much attention in the long run.

From now on I'll upload the photos little by little.
Don't forget to geolocate them.
Thx

Thanks for your opinions, everyone.

(y)

Isn't geo automatically added to photos when they are uploaded to your GMB page?
Only photos that are taken with the mobile and have the GPS activated. The rest of the photos have to be tagged with gps coordinates.

Only photos that are taken with the mobile and have the GPS activated. The rest of the photos have to be tagged with gps coordinates.

In GMB, google automatically tag the photo with the location of the listing.

So if I take a picture in City A where I do service calls, Google will tag the image with City P where my business's address is listed?

This is exactly what I thought. Any photos that you take or create and upload to the GMB listing from anywhere you are in the world will be auto-tagged with the address / coordinates that are on that listing. I hope this is true since it saves me a ton of time.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom