Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
One of my clients lives in a city that decided to change the name of the street that the client's office is located on. The change officially takes effect on October 1st but the post office is already delivering mail to them that is addressed with the new street name.

I just did a quick experiment at trying to change the street name on GMB, Facebook and Linkedin. The only one that accepted the new street name was Facebook.

When do you recommend that we change GMB, LinkedIn, and all their citations?

Thanks!

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
I just tried to update it on Google Maps and when I did so, I was prompted to set a marker location. Methinks that that means that Google's not ready to accept the street name change.

Agreed?

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
I was editing the business address on Google Maps, not the street name itself in the map, and not the gmb listing.

Now I understand your earlier suggestion better, and heck yes, I'll go re-read that section of your handbook. Thanks!

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have done that. Actually, I didn't see a choice called Edit the Map but I did see an option to select the street in its entirety and "report a data problem", so I did so, reporting the street name change. We'll keep our fingers crossed for a quick resolution.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Google Changed My Address (Street Name) Help & Support for Google Local 9
S Street View & Street Name Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Street with 2 names in Google - Re Citations Citations 2
RR415 How does Google handle street name abbreviations? Local Search 4
Amber Robinson Service Road vs Highway as Street name Google My Business & Google Maps 0
R New Dashboard - Should Addresses Display with Abbreviated Street Names? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
W Street View Blur Spam on Google 6
david.victor 360 photos with Street View app? Local Content 9
Jeffrey Listings showing in street view Google My Business & Google Maps 1
V Google Street View Editing issue Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Bing Street View car on Family Guy Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
Grabgooglesgoogles Verified and optimised GMB listing doesn't show up on maps when viewing the street (unlike every other local business which does). Help & Support for Google Local 8
djbaxter Street view this, Google! Oh... and woof! Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
C Directories That Accept Citation Without Street Address? (Besides Google & Bing) Local Search 0
Martin Briggs Verified GMB listing with no street number - how to proceed? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Emulate Location to Street Level to Check Google Local Rankings - Chrome Extension Local SEO Tools & Software 2
B Google Street View App, Getting Google Street View Trusted Photographer Status Google Business View 13
bhartzer Google Street View App, Getting Google Street View Trusted Photographer Status Google My Business & Google Maps 13
L Updated google street view image for listing which is incorrect Local Search 8
James Watt Google Street View Update Schedule Google My Business & Google Maps 0
petrakraft Address change of streets and numbers by the village government Google My Business & Google Maps 2
I How to update Street View image on GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Tim Sweeney Understanding How Google Maps Formats Street Addresses Along Highways Google My Business & Google Maps 4
T Is Google's Street View | Trust Photographer Program Worth It? Google Business View 8
Travis Van Slooten Is Google's Street View | Trust Photographer Program Worth It? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Dustybones Google's "Street View Trusted" Launching Soon Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Local Search Webinar for Consultants: Selling to SMBs in 2015 from Street Fight Consultant's Corner 0
B rebranded, moved across the street, then expanded to neighboring space, and more! Moving or Name Changes 1
B rebranded, moved across the street, then expanded to neighboring space, and more! Moving or Name Changes 1
Linda Buquet Pigeon, Mobile, User Centroid & Local Search Spend - David Mihm @ Street Fight Local Search 0
Linda Buquet The Year in Local Search: A Timeline of the Top Stories of 2014 - Street Fight Local Search 5
J Client moves office to a new location a few streets away Moving or Name Changes 6
Jo Shaer Client moves office to a new location a few streets away Moving or Name Changes 6
M Google Street View Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Chris Ratchford What to do when street address in Google is different than physical location? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
R Verify Business Page, No Street Number Listed on Postcard Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Phil Rozek Street Address Showing Even When It's Been "Hidden" Service Area Businesses 9
P Street Address Showing Even When It's Been "Hidden" Service Area Businesses 9
R Could hiding a street address in G+ Local cause issues with scraper IYP sites? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
K Does Suite number before street address cause problems? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 23
K Does Suite number before street address cause problems? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 23
B Rebranding: same services, same team, same address, new name, new URL Moving or Name Changes 9
Matt Chauhan Knowledge Panel Not Appearing for Brand Name Search Google My Business & Google Maps 5
K GMB Adding Old Business Name & Putting True Name in Parathesis Only In English Browser Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J Wrong GMB Listing Appearing when Searching for Physician by Name Google My Business & Google Maps 4
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
Ryan Steinolfson How do you get the business name to show up next to the map pin? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
G Registering a DBA name as a Search Term Spam on Google 5
Geeman What to do about a GMB that continuously adds the location to their name? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1