omer

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm trying to create Structured Data Markup with google markup helper. but it seems like im having a problem with the opening and closing time. im getting "the tag does not appear to be a opening time" Error.
My webmaster said everything looks ok with the code. So any suggestion from you guys?

Screensh.jpg

Screensh.jpg

Reaction score
Can you paste the HTML snippet? The screenshot doesn't actually have the code.

inline schema is a little bit deprecated at this point anyway. It's much harder to maintain, JSON-LD lets you have the schema all in one place, and it's the suggested standard by Google. The line you're looking for if you decide to switch to JSON is this:

"openingHours": "Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa,Su 08:00-17:00"

Whitespark has a good guide on JSON-LD if you decide to go that route.

I'd be happy to take a look at your inline code if you'd like to share that instead.

Reaction score
Oh, I understand. I actually haven't used Google's Markup Helper before. If no one else on this forum knows the answer to your question, you should ask your question in Google's official webmaster central help forum, since it looks like the schema helper is part of Google's Search Console.

If this is your own business, and you're never going to need to get your hands dirty making schema again, then it doesn't really matter how you do it. If you're going to be doing this again though, it's worth the 10 minutes figuring out how to use JSON-LD instead, it'll be a lot faster for you than the data markup helper. It's not too hard to do even if you don't have any coding experience, the one thing you need to watch out for is the quotation marks and the commas. Make sure you use the schema testing tool when you're done to make sure it works. If you do it right, you'll get 1 error (image field requires a value) and 1 warning (price range requires a value). You can ignore both of those.

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
You need to enter data in the correct format if you want to use that tool (ISO 8601) - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/cHPLENSMxEg

You're better off just writing the JSON version yourself/manually entering it into the code you're adding. That tool is helpful, but what you're trying to accomplish can easily be done on your own. Don't spend too much time playing with the markup helper, just add those lines in yourself once it spits out the correct code for the rest of the page.

omer

Reaction score
HI Eric
i tried to change it but still no luck.

Anyway i decided to go with json-ld and i created a new code. I tested it and it looks good.

But now i have a new question.

If i have few locations so i need to do the same thing to each page location and then to upload the code to each page location?

Reaction score
Yes, that's correct. Create a different schema block for each location, and put each block on the respective location's home page.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Are Schema And Structured Data Markup Needed For Local SEO? Local Search 13
mborgelt A Guide for Schema Markup and Structured Data Local Search 0
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Schema.org vs. Google's Structured Data Rich Results Organic SEO 0
Andrew Scherer Google's Structured Data Testing Tool axed... Bing's Alternative Local Search 1
djbaxter Google reminder: Structured Data Does Not Impact Ranking Organic SEO 0
C Any Evidence Structured Data Schema Makes A Difference? Local Search 3
JoyHawkins New Structured Data Penalty for Reviews? Local Reviews 13
djbaxter Google: Structured Data Isn't A Ranking Factor But Can Help Rankings Organic SEO 3
E Structured data for a company with 2 or more branches Local Search 6
E 2 Questions about structured data Local Search 4
djbaxter Google: New Structured Data Testing Tool and Improved Documentation Local SEO Tools & Software 9
Linda Buquet Google Upgrades Rich Snippet Structured Data Testing Tool Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Jason_Parks1 How Should I Structure Suite Numbers with a New Office? Moving or Name Changes 1
D How to properly form site structure for power washing company that serves 10 towns? Local Search 6
Ben Walsh Is this still the ideal site structure for multi location businesses Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
P Is this hierarchy structure correct? Organic SEO 1
Gsmithmike SEO-Friendly URL Structure (Website Hierarchy) Organic SEO 4
J 2 Locations | Site Structure | Local Business Google Local 101 12
Gsmithmike Best URL Structure For Huge eCommerce Website Organic SEO 1
kieran.reid What deliverables for structuring a LocalSEO campaign? Consultant's Corner 2
S Site structure for network of locations Local Search 5
A How to structure Local service? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
JoyHawkins What URL Structure to Use for Local SEO Organic SEO 22
dsteiner Proper Page Structure for Multi-Location Lawyers? Local Search 6
J Questions about NAP and URL structure Local Search 3
1 Site Structure Question Local Search 11
S How to structure site content for a business with one physical address but other area Local Search 3
M Need Help with Local Url Structure Local Search 16
T Nav structure & breadcrumbs for location pages Multi-Location Issues 2
Tim Colling Nav structure & breadcrumbs for location pages Multi-Location Issues 2
Dustybones URL Structure Tips From Gary Illyes Local Search 6
carltonrsmith Has anyone ever worked out a cost-per-lead structure with a local client? Consultant's Corner 5
K Change of URL in Google My Business due to change of organic URL structure. Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Gsmithmike What is the best URL Structure practice? Local Search 3
Ben Walsh Dupe Onsite Service structure for maximum effect in local Recycle Bin 0
Amber Robinson New Google Maps URL Structure - Local Penalty Hack? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet 3 Free Site Crawlers - Site Structure Matters for Local SEO Too! Organic SEO 3
P One Page Websites vs standard structure Website Local Search 13
I Is there an uptick in keyword planner data being excluded for healthcare related terms? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
B Compare/Contrast different GMB location's data? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Zhanna Which tracker shows correct data? Massive drop down in rankings in one of the trackers Help & Support for Google Local 3
H GMB - Dashboard data analysis longer than a quarter NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Nicole Basham How early can you pull data on GMB Insights? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
john wieber Mobile Local SERPS Location Data in Result Local Search 5
K Insight Data Stops June 22nd? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L GMB Insights Data not Updating Properly Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Nikki Stine GMB Insights Data missing for May 4 - 6? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
P Data aggregator sites - Who to use? Citations 3
Lachlan_Wells GMB Insights data not updating for two weeks Google My Business & Google Maps 1