More threads by studentoflife

studentoflife

Reaction score
New listings often get a little note underneath them that says “New on Google“ with a little blue horn icon next to it. I’m curious if anyone knows specifics surrounding this feature?

I don’t see it all the time so I’m wondering if anyone knows when it shows and when it doesn’t?

I am also curious if there’s any way to search for only these new listings? That would be very useful when spam fighting. From what I have noticed, about 75% of the new listings that carry this badge are existing businesses making additional fake listings for themselves. If I could look only at the new listings it would make that part of spam fighting easier and more thorough.

This is a feature that Google has been testing for quite some time. I think it's possible they might roll it out because more people are seeing it now compared to a few months ago.

I don't think there is a way to filter based on it (directly on Google) but it might be something to pitch to one of the local SEO tool providers.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom