Margaret Ornsby

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Have a page on a client's dashboard that I want removed.
I go to edit the location, scroll to the bottom & select delete page. That takes me to the settings page... Now what? No option to confirm, no endless liability thing to agree to, etc.

Is anyone else seeing this, or is it something quirky about this particular page?

Reaction score
Re: trouble deleting page from dashboard?

Hi Margaret,

Did you try the Delete Page link at the bottom of the Settings page? That's how I usually delete pages - and although I don't have a local page to delete at the moment, I followed that process for a brand page yesterday and didn't have any problems.

Margaret Ornsby

Local Search Expert
Reaction score

Hi Priya,
Thx for responding.

Double checking myself, these are the steps I'm following from the documentation
Place your cursor in the top left corner. Click My Business > Settings.
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and choose Delete page.
You may be asked to sign in again. If so, sign in, and continue with the following steps.
Check all 4 of the boxes, including Yes, I want to delete my account. Only the page you want to delete, not your personal account, will be deleted.
Click Delete. The page will be removed from your account.

Here are the steps am doing.
  1. on business tile, click manage location
  2. on location page, click edit info
  3. scroll to bottom, under header "Manage this page", click option to delete page and goes to settings page
  4. Not seeing the option to continue the process. 2015-11-24_17-14-58.png - Margarets_Files's library Am I going to pull a Homer? Is it there and am just not seeing it?

Have also tried it by skipping the "edit info" part and going straight to settings via the hamburger menu on the location page. Get the same page as screenshot above - with no option to delete the page. Only by going into edit do I see an option to delete.

Reaction score

Hmm, just followed your steps and can see 'Delete Page' ok at the end of that Settings Page.

Only other reason I can think of is that you're not logged in as the owner but as a manager. Is that the case? If not (if you are logged in as owner and not seeing the option to delete then it's probably time to call support!) :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Rich Owings Is anyone having trouble adding users to GMB listings? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
Rich Owings Is anyone having trouble adding users to GMB listings? Help & Support for Google Local 2
brettmandoes Is anyone having trouble transferring listing ownership to a new account? Google Duplicates & Merges 1
P Organization Access Trouble Help & Support for Google Local 2
J Trouble moving my website up in rank. Local Search 28
Tim Colling Moz Local - Is anyone else having trouble adding new listings today? Local Search 3
Garrett Sussman Online Review Incentives: Smart Marketing or Asking for Trouble? Local Reviews 24
Linda Buquet Google Reviews: Trouble Triggering &review=1? More Review Options Inside Local Reviews 8
BWrightTLM Need Help: Trouble With Website Help & Support for Google Local 20
Linda Buquet 12 Kinds of Duplicate Content in Local SEO: Which Ones Are Trouble? by Phil Rozek Local Search 6
Ray Litvak Trouble Responding to Reviews Local Reviews 17
K Express Update -- trouble updating our listing Google Local 101 3
Collin "Delete this listing" vs "Remove listing" Google Duplicates & Merges 4
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
Collin Unable to delete photos or change the category Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S Department Listings Deleting/Merging Google Duplicates & Merges 5
djbaxter How to Delete a Google Review Local Reviews 1
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Can Changing a Listings' Ownership delete the Comments? Local Search 2
k.ivanova Google My Business & Google Maps forum threads being deleted Google My Business & Google Maps 11
steviephil GMB Support telling me to delete & re-add listing to change its language? Multi-Location Issues 4
J Deleting 5 GMB/Maps listings Google My Business & Google Maps 2
CarrieHill Emails from Google "Unpublished Google My Business listings about to be deleted" - Don't Panic! Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D How to Delete my localsearchforum.com profile? Contact Us Messages 1
Tim Colling Should you *delete* your GMB listing if you're a "national" business? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
Marissa Deleting a GMB Profile Google My Business & Google Maps 2
R User deleted: Backlinking to GMB Listing Recycle Bin 0
D delete my profile please Contact Us Messages 1
marcusdb GMB duplicate marked as "Place Doesn't Exist" - can you recover the deleted listing? Google Duplicates & Merges 2
D GMB Permanently Closed vs. Remove location (delete) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Write/delete/create information from (CMS/ERP/Google App Script) TO GMB API : in both ways Local SEO Tools & Software 1
C How To Protect Spam Listings From Getting Deleted Google Local 101 3
H Why were so many of my descriptions updated and deleted? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter How do you delete or edit a GMB post? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Tony Wang Delete Single Practitioner Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
X Deleted: Referral marketing Recycle Bin 0
camarchi01 Help Deleting a Google+ Page Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djbaxter GDPR Account Deletion Requests: Procedure Admin Stuff 1
J Creating a Dupe G Page In order to delete one with a bad review Google My Business & Google Maps 4
F Deleting Duplicate GMBs & Innocent Asset Collateral Damage (!) Local Search 0
Hammer No longer able to delete a location? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
djbaxter How to delete a review by owner's wife Local Reviews 3
C Deleting a Duplicate Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Merge (or delete) a Duplicate Google My Business Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
M Deleting Duplicate Claimed GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Need Help Reporting/Deleting Scammy SAB Listing Service Area Businesses 12
C Need Help Reporting/Deleting Scammy SAB Listing Service Area Businesses 12
Brent Fluxx Media please delete this Recycle Bin 0
A SAB Duplicate - How to delete? Google Duplicates & Merges 9
Andre Willis SAB Duplicate - How to delete? Google Duplicates & Merges 9
S Deleted duplicates show as "Permanently closed" Google Duplicates & Merges 5