More threads by talhaawan

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I spent last night reading the localsearchforum and some other forums got some answers but they very not that clear.

I have a client they have offices in two cities, lets assume LONDON & MANCHESTER.

They have a 1300 number goes to there LONDON office.

I have found out that we can create two separate Google places business listing for them using different addresses and yourwebsite/location using as the landing page (website) for one of the location.

Can we use the same 1300 phone number when claiming there google places listings?
Or do we require two separate phone numbers?

And how would we build citations?

Do we create two listings in each of the CITATION WEBSITE one with yourwebsite.com and one with yourwebsite.com/location?

I don't think all of them allows that. But i'll check some of these directories today.

What is the best solution?

Can we use the same 1300 phone number when claiming there google places listings?
Or do we require two separate phone numbers?

And how would we build citations?

Do we create two listings in each of the CITATION WEBSITE one with yourwebsite.com and one with yourwebsite.com/location?

It's possible to use the same phone number for two different businesses and their G+ Local pages. The problem that you may run into is the possibility of Google merging the pages, especially if the business name is the same for both. Your strategy with the website is a good one.

For citations, you can build them for both locations. For example, you would be fine to list both business locations on Yelp.

Colan is right.

I have found out that we can create two separate Google places business listing for them using different addresses and yourwebsite/location using as the landing page (website) for one of the location.

You need to check carefully because if they've been in business any length of time Google likely already created a listing for them. If so see what phone.

Also check to see how many existing citations there already are to that location. If they already have a ton to a direct number and none to the 1300, then using the 1300 # then in addition to the potential merge issues it would also be breaking the trust Google already has for that location attached to that phone.

Re citation sites, most would allow yourwebsite.com/location. But even if they don't, the most important parts of the citation - NAP would be there.

Colan is right.

Also check to see how many existing citations there already are to that location. If they already have a ton to a direct number and none to the 1300, then using the 1300 # then in addition to the potential merge issues it would also be breaking the trust Google already has for that location attached to that phone.

I did a REVERSE NAP and Partial NAP and found two listings of there website. The number is the same 1300 but they have changed there business name so i need to edit that for those two citations.

i have seen some websites of mortgage brokers where they have THREE LISTINGS from a single website/domain but with different landing pages (mortgage brokers profile and offices) i-e websitedomain/Linda-Buquet and websitedomain/Colan-Nielsen . And they are ranking not in just one city but all the cities they have offices in and they are not merged even after that ONE BOX thing.

Thats how i actually came to know we can create different listings with different landing pages and different addresses. I am just curious about using one phone number for both.

No, do not use the same phone number for more than one location. The phone number is the biggest unique distinguishing factor of separate businesses - Many businesses share the same name and address(buildings), but not phone numbers. Acquiring a new phone number is very inexpensive too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom