More threads by barbmcgrath

barbmcgrath

Reaction score
Well this is a new one!

The business uses a legit website address. Nothing inappropriate or sexual about it. The are an auto repair shop.

Their address ends in .com. Has a security certificate installed.

We tried for a week to add it to GBP and were declined everytime. I finally add the .ca version and it took it no prob.

Anyone else have this issue? Find a way to get the correct address added?

Well this is a new one!

The business uses a legit website address. Nothing inappropriate or sexual about it. The are an auto repair shop.

Their address ends in .com. Has a security certificate installed.

We tried for a week to add it to GBP and were declined everytime. I finally add the .ca version and it took it no prob.

Anyone else have this issue? Find a way to get the correct address added?

I know of two cases where Google will systematically reject a website/URL:
  • The url redirects to a URL that is itself a redirect (even irrelevant ones, like to .com/index.htm or something like that).
  • The URL is a set of frames to park a website/webpage at a domain without setting up dedicated hosting there

You mention that there is a .ca version and a .com version of the website. Are both versions live, or does one redirect to the other?

If the one redirects to the other, that could be the cause.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom