More threads by kathleen.rhodes

Reaction score
I have been trying to upload photos to a newly set up and verified (without any video verification required) GBP. I was able to upload a logo, but when I have tried, several times, to upload pictures that the client sent of the building, her space, a picture of her, and hair styles (she is a hair stylist), Google keeps rejecting the photos.

When I use the Help and support tab for the specific GBP, I am taken to a Google help page that says, "Access to your business profile for xxxx@xxxxx.com has been suspended because it doesn't follow the guidelines. Edit your business info, and learn how to regain access." However, when I select this specific profile, it indicates that there is not an issue. This email address is the one I use to manage other GBPs as part of my Agency Business Profile Manager account. I get the same message when I ask for Help and support for the other GBPs in the account; however, I can't find any that have been suspended.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have any suggestions?!?

Hi @kathleen.rhodes, That error message is helpful for small merchants with a single Business Profile. They know that the profile associated with their email is suspended.

If you manage lots of profiles, you'll see that message if even just one of them is suspended. I see it when I read a support document in the Google Business Profile Help Center.

Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 8.49.12 AM.jpg

In fact, I don't have any suspended profiles under that email address, but one is unverified, and one has been marked as a duplicate. So, it appears that having a profile in some state other than "Verified" can trigger the warning. The message is misleading!

As for the photos, upload a few and wait 2 - 3 days. In my experience, photos often get marked as rejected when uploaded, but that label disappears after a few days.

Let us know if that's the case here!

Thanks @Stefan Somborac - I appreciate the explanation about the message I have been receiving. Yes, I manage lots of profiles and, under a different email address that seems to be connected somehow with my Agency Business Profile Manager, and at least two of those were/are suspended. However, I'm not able to remove one of them ("don't have permission). So, it's good to know that the message is misleading.

As to the photos, after waiting a day or two, they are no longer "rejected" but only one of them is showing up when I click the "Photos" box in the search results above the business name. I guess I'll need to wait a bit longer.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Navigating GBP Support

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom